AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
dmyhill
dmyhill
@dmyhill
Member Sustainer
Joined: January 26, 2011 4:49 pm
Last seen: July 29, 2026 3:48 pm
Topics: 176 / Replies: 2912
Reply
RE: How to handle a Pin Farmer

Take the young surveyor out for lunch and a beer. Show him the light or lite. Whichever. Order yourself a good micro, and hand him a Bud Lite?

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Seeking Information on H1B Visa for Surveyor with Non-US Degree and GIS Experience

H1B may not be the ticket.. "The nonimmigrant NAFTA Professional (TN) visa allows citizens of Canada and Mexico, as NAFTA professionals, to work in t...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: From the government and here to help

Would love to do the survey, would hate to send the bill. Funny, I am the opposite, as long as I get paid.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: How to handle a Pin Farmer

I have to assign blame to those of us that mentor the younger generation of surveyors and recommend them for licensure. Perhaps the person(s) that...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: How to handle a Pin Farmer

Regarding the board... As long as there isn't fraud, lack of care, or absolute refusal to answer the phone, I am not sure what a board should do. ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: How to handle a Pin Farmer

Why wouldn't the land owner pull out the erroneous pin? While, as a surveyor doing such a thing seems extreme, if I was the landowner, I would cer...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Removing Opposing Survey Pin after Court Judgement

As a surveyor I would rather it stay for possible future reference but that's just my preference. I would prefer it be tied on a survey and eit...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Further subdivisions

Given that you have just completed a short subdivision, can you immediately turn around and plat one of the resulting lots using the (full) platting p...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: .TLV files in starnet

Have you called Microsurvey? My experience is that they are very helpful.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Quarterline vs road center line

Surveys sometimes can't change the legal acreages. Of course, but then we find ourselves in the Clintonesque what is "is" stage of the discussion. ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Quarterline vs road center line

40 acres exact is also not the area a survey would show. Looks like a beautiful piece of land. Always curious when a person claims they have X ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Quarterline vs road center line

$7,500-$10,000 and a surveyor and all those lines will be marked. The above answers should demonstrate that your question is not to be answered witho...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Request for Reduced Rate

@dougie You need to be careful when claiming work product donations. The donation can only include actual expenses, i.e labor cost or materials. A...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Unexpected

I did a job on Nike's Headquarters campus here in my fair city. The contract included a long list of logo'd wear that was not allowed on the job site....

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Autonomous Site Layout - 4wd Robot

Maybe it should drive the grader. Hmm, maybe we could call it "machine control"?

3 years ago
Page 21 / 155