AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
dmyhill
dmyhill
@dmyhill
Member Sustainer
Joined: January 26, 2011 4:49 pm
Last seen: July 29, 2026 3:48 pm
Topics: 176 / Replies: 2912
Reply
RE: SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT for SurveyorConnect Members

ESPECIALLY if you could get the old posts with it!!! I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to do this, but not sure if it is possible. I will be looking into it, ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Filing date or execution date for senior rights determination

placed on the ground at some point by someone with authority to do so What do you mean? Long standing occupation, acquiescence, etc...who has m...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Filing date or execution date for senior rights determination

I made the example simple. Say I own 500 feet. I sell the east 300 feet to A first and the east 300 to B later. B records first. B gets 309 feet. A ge...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Filing date or execution date for senior rights determination

It depends on the state (jurisdiction). For the win...and in some states the date matters, as they have switched from race to record to some other ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: That first step might be a doozy

Am I naively putting myself into a warming pot? My policy is to stay out of it. Keeping the mouth shut is a hard thing for me, but necessary. Polit...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: GNSS vs Total Station and True North?

Amazing how frequently the phrase "True North" is used and yet it is almost a non existent concept. There are many "True"s...what is YOUR Truth? ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: How do you guys deal with engineers challenging settlement monitoring data (simply because the they don't like the results)

I'm curious where the thing is that you are monitoring and where your control is. If you are trying to detect 3mm, can you be sure your control has no...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveyors in the News - SD Pipeline Surveyors

The story has some hyperbole as in "seize his property and use it for a pipeline". He would get some compensation and still have use of the property a...

3 years ago
Topic
Reply
RE: Surveyor Outfitted Cargo Trailers

They have a expedition cargo trailer which is exactly what you describe. If I had a trailer, everything would go in foam of some sort...vibration and...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: google price

Where the heck are these prices coming from? Angies List or whatever it is called is the one that I get. They are completely wrong on their pricin...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: On accepting and rejecting monuments

how can one say whether or not a found monument at one of its corners is an 'original' one that should be accepted if there's no record of when or by ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Civil 3D Redraw Only Edited Survey Figures?

IMHO, this is important. You want the database to be correct, not just the current drawing. In a project spanning many years, you can have a database ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: HP35s

I just googled how much a 35s costs on Ebay...when did that happen?

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Civil 3D Redraw Only Edited Survey Figures?

@jitterboogie Think I found the solution-- there's a button in the survey editor panel that says update database from drawing. So click the edited l...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Civil 3D Redraw Only Edited Survey Figures?

@jitterboogie Think I found the solution-- there's a button in the survey editor panel that says update database from drawing. So click the edited l...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Civil 3D Redraw Only Edited Survey Figures?

if I process linework again it puts the old linework back in the drawing. Never ever reprocess the linework, that's one of our number 1 rules. Not...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Certified Federal Surveyor (CFedS) Training Program

I'd like to thank everyone for their comments about the CFedS program. Finishing up my first year as the CFedS Training Coordinator has been a challen...

3 years ago
Page 20 / 155