Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: July 29, 2026 3:48 pm
No expert here, but/p> The pic shows where linked manual calls out 12v I would note that for a lot of us connecting various survey equipment up to ...
The number one reason that we tend to think everything has to be black & white is that recorders' offices and/or statutes require filings to be in...
The cul-de-sac must exist as open and must not be vacated. The lot in question must pass through the cul-de-sac to access the 50' road leading into t...
yes front yard is a related concept. I am well aware of the term legal “property line” and most on this thread have missed the distinction - the ques...
5’ side street building set back and a 20’ front line set back. Neither of these terms has a legally accepted definition per my attorneys. Neither is...
so please focus in on the radius of the cul-de-sac. if your assertion is the entire 150 degrees in the legal front property line point us to the law/...
The Building Departments in Mass. always want a survey plan showing offset distances to the lot lines for zoning compliance - even for decks. In Be...
Contractor- But they just want to build a deck!?! Sometimes getting a survey is like going to the doctor and getting an MRI...there is a reason the...
Contractor- But they just want to build a deck!?! Sometimes getting a survey is like going to the doctor and getting an MRI...there is a reason the...
Zeiss Ni2 for the win! So, I will never complain about a Zeiss, but this would get me out of the sun sooner, I would think...
The ongoing appraisal process tends to keep things more equitable. Identical houses setting side by side should be taxed somewhere close to the same....
take measurements of commercial swimming pools for regulatory compliance at different construction milestones. I would think that in today's world ...
Never ruin an apology with a lame excuse. Nobody wants to hear excuses; we want solutions; how are you going to fix it. "Review of our records sho...
Adverse Possession of property is a difficult thing to prove in California, Yeah, rich people quieting title in CA is pretty much as far from my in...
-- attachment is not available -- -- attachment is not available -- since your house taxes are based upon what you paid for the property with a maximu...
In another life, I worked for a mid-sized engineering firm. We spent at least 80 man-hours developing a scope and budget for an 80 mile RR ROW job for...
How do the good people of the board respond to potential clients that are in a big hurry, but they're price shopping? When people say they are in a...
A monument governs if it is called for and undisturbed. A bent iron has clearly been disturbed (I'm assuming that the deed does not call for a bent ir...
No surveyor in the United States that I know of is empowered (on their own) to rectify that deed to match the occupation. I retraced a short plat ...