AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
dmyhill
dmyhill
@dmyhill
Member Sustainer
Joined: January 26, 2011 4:49 pm
Last seen: July 29, 2026 3:48 pm
Topics: 176 / Replies: 2912
Reply
RE: RTN coordinate drift / variation - share your stories

Wiser surveyors have spoken of occasional drift in the RTN solutions that has led to ugly consequences; thus, once burned, they now always set control...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: RTN coordinate drift / variation - share your stories

Still, I’d set semi-permanent control because that’s best practices, and you’re going to need something to check into anyways. Check in or regret it. ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: How much does it cost...

I know this thread went sideways, but I just had this today...and the answer for me is typically Angie's list or some equivalent has indicated that th...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: What Do You Call Paint Marks?

Oh, and BTW, when you drive a rebar, or even a hub, you are doing something that requires 811.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: What Do You Call Paint Marks?

Relevant info from Table A follows. It is instructive for all surveys. The key is that we are providing evidence. In the context of ALTA/NSPS surveys,...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: 4 year degree requirement

All I know is that now that I have my PLS, I think there should be a doctorate required. (Yes, this is sarcasm. Yes, if it bites you a bit, it was mea...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: One Line Survey

Sometimes you can do one line. If it is a modern plat with all the monuments...sure. But, often, I need to go to all the corners to recover what the ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Deed description exception

I think land in the UP can be pretty cheap, depending...and accessibility and terrain doesn't always look easy. I think you could easily pay as much f...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey in Question - Need some direction

It might be helpful if you supplied the parcel number or some sort of link. The short answer is simply to hire your surveyor to survey the land, make ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Is it a Subdivision?

In my area, at least, (Western Washington) there are two forms of merger. One eliminates a subdivision, the other does not, it merges tax parcels for ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Following a GPS survey

"So where was the monument in 1979, and where was it in 1881?" It hasn't moved at all. It is still at THE CORNER. Simple as.

3 years ago
Reply
3 years ago
Reply
RE: Adjustment of Topo Elevations by Changing HI of Total Station

I don't see why you couldn't correct your shots by lowering them 0.1' I would prefer to edit the raw data file (dont worry it will make a note in it)...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Field Checking a tribrach

IMHO The best solution is to not have optical plummets in the tribrach, but to use mirror carriers with bubbles and optical plummets built into them. ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: What obligation does another surveyor have to return your call.

No, it isn't acceptable. We should call back our fellow surveyors.

3 years ago
Page 12 / 155