AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
dms330
dms330
@dms330
Member Founder
Joined: July 7, 2011 8:26 pm
Last seen: October 2, 2026 4:32 am
Topics: 8 / Replies: 409
Reply
RE: Range Line?

I've seen one other local surveyor do that, unlabeled, on his maps. I use, for example, in my point descriptions: "E range of N house wall" but neve...

2 months ago
Reply
RE: An honest update about the future of RPLS.com

Just signed up, best of luck. At the same time of receiving your receipt via email I got an email from "Link" and "Five Point Web Solution" request...

2 months ago
Reply
RE: The Classifieds Board Is Live — Here's How It Works

Wendell, This post really demonstrates your abilities to organize and communicate. Folks should really consider your services when needing websites...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Looking for advice from old friends....

I've got a hunch there are lots of folks looking for extra help that would be more than happy to let you re-find your surveying legs.

3 months ago
Reply
RE: An honest update about the future of RPLS.com

Wendell, I'm sure you labored over this profusely. Just be sure we all appreciate your efforts and understand your position, regardless of the ultima...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Compass Rule on an "open" traverse

Whenever I have introduced a new piece of total station equipment and / or its related data collector I have set 3 points in a line on a level surface...

5 months ago
Reply
RE: What izz-zit?

To me it looks like an axle or a pipe with a PK nail driven in the top of it

7 months ago
Reply
RE: Burt's Solar Compass

Here is a great source for info and purchasing: You can't do any better than Russ for this stuff.

1 year ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Thinking of starting my own business. What advice do those of you have?

Treat health insurance like any other cost of doing business. Pay for private insurance and charge your customers accordingly.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveyor's Statement/Certification

Last I knew the NYS Association of Professional Land Surveyors is proposing the following language to their revised minimum standards: THIS SURVEY W...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: New Member

Well going back as far as DOS I was using a program called Benchmark

2 years ago
Reply
RE: New Member

I've used PC Survey for 26 years--it does most of what I need but has lacked in later years on keeping up with many of the improvements that might be ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Career crossroads

Your statement about a downturn in business doesn't ring true to anything I know about the demand for surveyors. My vote would be to find a smaller f...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: It's Plotting Sideways!!

Norman, what brand of large format printer have you migrated to?

2 years ago
Reply
RE: It's Plotting Sideways!!

Regarding my HP DesignJet T630 printing from Win 11: It's still a disaster but I have found that making it the default printer before I print from i...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Life Use reservation

Here in NYS I run into them all the time. Life Use is a generic term for Life Estate. The most common use is for parents to sell property to their c...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: It's Plotting Sideways!!

I purchased the same printer to replace my HP DesignJet 500. It's basically like Russian Roulette to know what the print is going to look like. I of...

2 years ago
Page 1 / 21