AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
dave-lindell
dave-lindell
@dave-lindell
Free
Joined: July 1, 2010 5:41 pm
Last seen: January 20, 2026 5:20 pm
Topics: 144 / Replies: 1540
Reply
RE: The site surveyor can now sleep peacefully...

I'm not so sure - looks like ...They cut it off twice and it was still too short!

12 years ago
Topic
12 years ago
Replies: 1
Views: 924
Topic
Replies: 7
Views: 1230
Reply
RE: I know PI day was Saturday, but ....

I like the counselor's name.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: The Cedar Rapids Gazette sez ...............

..and our future surveyors when there is nobody there to mentor.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: back to basics

Pass out copies of the Power Point material so students can write right on them.(Leave lots of white space on the paper.)

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Reticle choices on Auto levels

The Wild N3 is like that.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: What is True North?

I followed Horace's advice and went west, young man.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Steel Tape Correction Assumptions

Steel Tape CorrectionAfter laying it flat, fully supporting it, pulling lightly on it and keeping it on a straight line, maybe even correcting for tem...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: 2015 Polaris Ephemerii problem

Pssst......the plural of ephemeris is ephemerides, not ephemerii, which isn't a word.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying problem

You seem to be going about it backwards.First, get coordinates for points 2,3,4,5,&6.Hold the 40 foot distance as fixed, not variable.The hypotene...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying problem

Except that point 8 is only 39.971 from line 1-2.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Is it possible to layout a radius w/out using a radius point

It's possible to layout a curve without a radius point.Any good surveying book will give you the basic formulas.It's just a matter of using the centra...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying problem

Is point 7 the intersection of the arc and line 3-9 produced?What is point 12? It appears to be on line 1-2 produced.(I solved it without either poin...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Is surveying a 'dangerous' job?

I tell students that we have one of the only jobs where firemen wave at US when they go by.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: $3,000 to subdivide, stake, file...with four meetings incl.

Only $3,000 ?The last time I got involved with a minor subdivision in Los Angeles County the CHECKING FEES were $4995.00. That's in addition to any o...

12 years ago
Page 66 / 85