AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Crashbox
Crashbox
@crashbox
Member
Joined: March 25, 2014 7:28 am
Last seen: September 25, 2026 10:03 am
Topics: 15 / Replies: 530
Reply
RE: What's the Best Metal Detector for P/L Corners?

I am also very fond of the Schonstedt GA-52Cx detector. Used one in the DOT for quite a few years now, and I bought my own several years back and it p...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Shooting Sequences

The main reason I still book them (yes, good old-fashioned manual entry) is because I want to make sure that 50 years from now- when I'm picking rutab...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Shooting Sequences

I was taught by a PC to do the following:BS > FS > BS ^ BS > FS > BS.We would zero the TS on the BS and turn and record an angle direct, e...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS good to the sixteenth

Maybe good to the sixteenth CORNER +/-...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Lime Green Flagging

I happen to be color-blind to shades of red/green, so I would definitely struggle with this in the field. My color-blindness (especially to red) cause...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Lime Green Flagging

"Point On Lime?"For easements and other miscellaneous items, I've been known to use red/white polka dot flagging, but never lime green before.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Instrument carry

Where I work, total stations are NEVER to be carried on the tripod over the shoulder. I have gently picked one up and moved it a few feet while holdin...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Optical plummet vs. laser plummet

I prefer optical plummets for the most part, because they can (usually) be easily adjusted to spec; laser plummets, not so much from what I've observe...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: vintage overlap question

> What is a:> > 6" CONC> W/ 1/2" RBF> (4" AG)> > ?Hmmm... 6-inch concrete (post) with 1/2" ReBar Found (4" Above Ground)...?????...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Hub Elevations

I have an aversion to writing hub elevations on stakes and generally will not do so, though I have made exceptions before. It's a liability thing.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: At my wit's end... Need advice

Story> Back in the early days of my career I was working for a company in Bellingham, Washington. I was the newly hired helper to a PC who had a re...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Sokkia SET330 reticle adjustment...

I reckon I should clarify my question. What I'm looking for is which items on the telescope that I need to loosen/tighten/turn so I can perform the H ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Datum thread hijack

Reckon I should've read it a little closer, there was actually something else about it that cracked me up since I work with projections quite a bit...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Datum thread hijack

Almost as bad as the Basis of Bearing being Astrodetic North :-POr maybe they're actually confessing to running 'grid on ground'...

12 years ago
Topic
Replies: 4
Views: 1287
Page 27 / 28