AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
chris-bouffard
chris-bouffard
@chris-bouffard
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: December 12, 2016 10:53 am
Last seen: October 6, 2026 5:28 pm
Topics: 64 / Replies: 1434
Reply
RE: Surveyor's preparing Deeds

@thebionicman in NJ we write legal descriptions.?ÿ Legal descriptions are not necessary but title companies want them so their legal staff can copy ou...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Rising Cost of Doing Business

@aliquot I'm not sure what you state you practice in but in NJ, even if you could retrieve a copy of a survey from the County Clerk, it likely wouldn'...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: And now in THIS corner......GIS takes another stab at lowering the bar II (Not click bait...)

GIS, as it relates to accurate positioning equates to Garbage In Sink.?ÿ As soon as you throw a line on a product purporting it to be a property line,...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveyor's preparing Deeds

@thebionicman Microsoft Word - Preparation of legal documents (firstjerseytitle.com) ?ÿ

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Rising Cost of Doing Business

In NJ, surveys are not recorded so surprisingly, we don't face those costs but are taxed to death on virtually everything else.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveyor's preparing Deeds

@lurker you beat me to it, writing a legal description falls with the expertise of a Surveyor, I write them routinely for title companies.?ÿ Writing a...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Partial street replacement and hydrology

I used to work in Engineering designing roadway reconstruction projects.?ÿ Many of the streets I worked on were concrete with curb.?ÿ Many of the orig...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Leica Captivate line selection not working

Sounds like it might be a settings problem.?ÿ Have you reached out to your Leica and your district salesman/trainer??ÿ You might want to check and see...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Is Contingent the correct word?

@skeeter1996 that may the nomenclature in your geographic area.?ÿ My area of practice is throughout the state of New Jersey and in NJ, it's called a l...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Some "surveyors" scare me!

I often do "favors" for good return clients, most of the time they involve scheduling bumps to do their work quicker.?ÿ There is only one way I would ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Is Contingent the correct word?

I believe the word you are thinking of in contiguous, however, to solve the issue, why not do a lot consolidation plan to remove the common property l...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Total Station for ~$1K

Any electronic total station you find in that price range is probably not going to be serviceable because of discontinued parts.?ÿ

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Utah State Specific

It's a good idea to study some case law, but, on the exam, think before you answer.?ÿ When I took my exam for the first time in NJ and felt comfortabl...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Video

Property corner (red dot) and property marker?ÿ (capped pin)?????????ÿ WTH is this guy talking about??ÿ I hope he is not a Surveyor!!!!!?ÿ Oh, and yea...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Stuff in the truck

For some reason that reminds me of a large military contract I worked on about 11 years ago.?ÿ We were tasked with cross sectioning and locating every...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: wavelet analysis

@geodesist I couldn't tell you, I have no experience with it.

6 years ago
Reply
6 years ago
Reply
RE: wavelet analysis

Scilab Wavelet Toolbox download | SourceForge.net

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Gotta love it

I had a job where a private road was involved that the owners of the adjacent lot continued to use, despite being asked not to.?ÿ The adjacent owner h...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Neighbors asking questions

I just got a call from a neighbor down the street that is a friend as well.?ÿ He wanted me to look at his survey to see if his fence was actually on h...

6 years ago
Page 67 / 75