AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
chris-bouffard
chris-bouffard
@chris-bouffard
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: December 12, 2016 10:53 am
Last seen: October 6, 2026 5:28 pm
Topics: 64 / Replies: 1434
Reply
RE: What's The Difference?

The bid difference is the extent of your liability.?ÿ In a typical title/topo survey, you are certifying to your client and a single insurer of title....

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Town boundaries on the ocean

@bill-c You are correct as it relates to tidal waters and navigable waterways but that's not necessarily the same with non tidal lakes and streams whe...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Non Payers

I require, except for title companies, a credit card number to hold the estimated balance of the quoted fee, for smaller lot surveys.?ÿ Nobody gets an...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble SPS985 Batteries

I had the batteries for my Carlson CD recelled back in around 2011 and will never make that mistake again, it's better to pay the premium price than g...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Potential Survey Chariot

Great rig if you're moving houses on the side.?ÿ LOL!?ÿ I'm sure I could get it stuck in the pines though.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Son-in-law wants to become a surveyor

@aliquot?ÿ that has changed since I took my exam and it makes since since thereare only a few places in NJ that offer the degree.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: making myself a liar (again)

Days off??ÿ LOL!?ÿ What are they??ÿ I started my department for an Engineering firm 5 years ago, as the first Survey employee.?ÿ I now have 5 crews, d...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Son-in-law wants to become a surveyor

@aliquot?ÿ NJ does not, they are specific in their accreditation requirements and have a separate exam/evaluation for foreigners to prove they speak f...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: PLSS question for those of you in recording states

I work in a Colonial state (NJ) and don't see that at all.?ÿ What I am seeing more and more are surveys and subdivisions that do not show any markers ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Massachusetts Licensure Application - Question on Sec. 28

When I filed my application in the state of NJ, in 91 or 92, they asked for a detailed breakdown of experience, including, employer, position tasks an...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: A new start

Best of luck!?ÿ In my younger years in the field I enjoyed taking a large project from the initial outbound and topo survey to it's developed completi...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Title Commitment

Most of the non construction related surveys I do come from title agencies who provide a copy of the policy and back up documentation, including the t...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Headhunters...

Most recruiters don't care what warm body they can fill a position as long as the person lasts longer than 90 days and they get their $20K vig. ?ÿ

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Son-in-law wants to become a surveyor

Whatever the choice, make sure the school and courses are ABET accredited.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: 3 to 4 month backlog

@flga-2-2?ÿ There is no way I could justify hiring somebody completely inexperienced for $25/hour.?ÿ My standard trainee rate is $15/hour. ?ÿ

6 years ago
Reply
RE: bad architectural plans

I was staking steel in NJ years ago and the archs issued new structural plans to address a design change.?ÿ My client calls me and tells me he is read...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Button pushers

My crews take notes and pictures on every job.?ÿ I made that mandatory from the day that I started the department 5 years ago.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: New ALTA/NSPS Standards become effective February 23

This is the first that I'm hearing this.?ÿ Are there significant changes?

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Snacks and Lunches

I've never been a big one on eating any sort of lunch, especially when I was working in the field.?ÿ I only eat one time a day, a big dinner.?ÿ The on...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: 3 to 4 month backlog

I started a Survey department for a small Engineering firm 5 years ago.?ÿ When I joined the firm I was the 12th employee.?ÿ In the first year I added ...

6 years ago
Page 68 / 75