Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: October 6, 2026 5:28 pm
@bill93 Stating the purpose of the deed could limit the purpose to that use only, the same holds true for the easement, however, if it's a fee simple ...
@aliquot I mentioned it in a reply above, however, read the OP again and tell me what is, in fact, is or has been conveyed, title or rights??ÿ It's a ...
@oldpacer you are missing the ambiguity, first it says deed for street purposes, which would convey title to the portion in question.?ÿ Later is says ...
Only recently did I start signing by digital signature, before that, it was required to have a embossed raised seal, we were never allowed to use an i...
@aliquot we are not Attorneys, all we can do is present the recorded information and what is found on the ground, the rest is a matter of title and wh...
@micheal-daubyn-2 Any ring before 9 AM goes unanswered unless it's from one of my field crews that start at 7. ?ÿ
The best way to handle that is to show the original lot line and note the "Deed for street purposes" with the filing document referenced.?ÿ It is an e...
Step 1, have soil borings done in the area of UG detention and figure out your percolation rate.?ÿ Step 2, consider your drainage area.?ÿ Step 3, calc...
I have a similar thing going on right now.?ÿ Client sits on plans for 4 long and tall retaining walls.?ÿ Call comes in on Wednesday of last week to ha...
But WAIT!!!!?ÿ If you buy now, we'll add..........LOL!
@norman-oklahoma I do outbound and topo surveys on average lot sizes of one acre for urban home demolition, subdivision and reconstruction and strongl...
If I am understanding you correctly you bought five acres and were required to have a 50' X 300' piece for access. Was that 50' X 300' originally dee...
@rover83 In my opinion, I'm not concerned about it being even viewed or "stolen".?ÿ If you want to steal my work, run with it, not verify it, and put ...
@dmyhill It means that if you engage me to survey your property for the purpose of a land transaction, I am engaging in the signed agreement represent...
@northernsurveyor it's a simple concept, read through this chain and see my response to somebody else from about 2 minutes ago.?ÿ New Jersey has requi...
@aliquot how so??ÿ If you were to retrieve a copy of your PIQ, are you going to accept it as golden or put in the work to chase the POB back to it's t...
The ironic part is that the Attorneys typically copy our text from the description word for word and charge their clients as if the writings were thei...
@rover83?ÿ Having complete historical records is great for surveyors but of no general benefit to the public.?ÿ The layman does not know how to extrac...
I work in one of the Colonial states where different types of chains were used.?ÿ If I remember, a tally was every ten links and assume that related t...
@tim-v-pls no need to be gentle.?ÿ LOL!?ÿ My skin is leathered up from the years in the field and thick as well.?ÿ Intended use is the key thing.?ÿ In...