Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: October 6, 2026 5:28 pm
@holy-cow these days there are way too many people out there just looking to file a suite to collect cash.?ÿ It's a sorry state of affairs.
@holy-cow I don't know how the DOT plans are in your neck of the woods but the older DOT plans are pretty detailed when it comes to document takings a...
@holy-cow sounds like a different situation, 10" exposed in thick brush probably isn't going to pose that much of a hazard, 4" exposure in the grass i...
@armichael Why not just write a new description excepting out the conveyed land and note that the original description predated the conveyances?
The first thing I would consider would be the rebar, the wood marking it's location is meaningless as evidence.?ÿ I would, however, question heavily t...
Probably because their GIS told them so.?ÿ LOL!
@bill93 If an action is filed, regardless of whether mediation is involved, the exchange of supporting information, facts and documents are required u...
@mike-marks I'm not sure what state you are in but I have been involved in two mediations here in NJ, one was very recent.?ÿ People are so litigious h...
@robertusa because she is a woman, if it were I guy, I would have said that too, as I did about her assistant.?ÿ Exactly what is "a stereotypical surv...
I don't know how old you are but I am 57 and ran my own business after the crash in 2008 when I got laid off.?ÿ At that time I was fortunate enough to...
@holy-cow Many moons ago I had a client call to have me survey his property, he was insisting that his neighbor was encroaching by about 5' and told m...
Back in the 80's construction boom I worked under a female LS, afresh hire, and she supervised 8 crews with one assistant, a guy from the UK.?ÿ Both w...
One thing that you typed that I truly admire is "What I am worried about is not really knowing what the hell I'm doing...".?ÿ That's a problem, but yo...
A radius, length/delta or chord bearing & distance would make life much easier.?ÿ Just sayin.?ÿ LOL!
I'm a Carlson SurvCad user and they have a routine in Cogo where you can interval along an entity and set your point stationing along the baseline.?ÿ ...
@rover83 I find myself in a similar but different situation right now.?ÿ I surveyed a lot in a subdivision that was approved and filed roughly 15 year...
Very few public employees that I come across are quick to do anything but it made me laugh to hear that it had to be 5 lots because the County GIS sai...
I was thinking along the same lines as Bill93, convert your Lat/Long to UTM cords.?ÿ Drop those UTM points into your CAD file and move/rotate your dra...
Did you receive a completed Table A checklist that did not include optional item 5??ÿ There is no reason they need it to provide zoning coverage.?ÿ Th...