AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
chris-bouffard
chris-bouffard
@chris-bouffard
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: December 12, 2016 10:53 am
Last seen: October 6, 2026 5:28 pm
Topics: 64 / Replies: 1434
Reply
RE: Filing date or execution date for senior rights determination

@michigan-left I disagree a deed is a contract in that it conveys full rights of ownership and enjoyment of the PIQ to the grantee and extinguishes al...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Filing date or execution date for senior rights determination

A properly executed and dated deed is a valid legal contract, even if not filed but witnessed. The deed executed with the earliest date will always c...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Filing date or execution date for senior rights determination

The execution date is the key issue, the filing date really doesn't matter.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Why I hate doing LOMAs and such

@holy-cow I cut me teeth working on computers during the days of the 5" dual floppies and typing in DOS commands. I remember when my then wife and I ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: When to use a Philly Rod vs a Linker Rod?

@olemanriver I never for a second thought you were coming across as an anus. LOL! Trig leveling over 800' and getting good results though is just a ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Wisconsin Questions

@andy-j I agree with you 100%. I've been licensed in NJ for 30 years with over 25 of them being in responsible charge. I've worked for six different...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Elevations - RTK vs Levelled

The results you achieved surprise me. I would expect larger variances.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Married to a surveyor

I moved in with my GF five years ago and am a PLS, she works in an entirely different career field but for the last three years we have shared the sam...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Wisconsin Questions

@andy-j my remarks do not strictly relate to you, when I say you, it is a generalized term but here is where my confusion comes in....."There is a rec...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Hey, It's Upside Down

@jimcox LOL! Don't transverse it!

3 years ago
Reply
RE: NLC Exam Prep for PS

@gathered_1111 what I am saying is that I spent at least a few hours studying every day for those years. I got up at 5 AM on week days, hit the books...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: When to use a Philly Rod vs a Linker Rod?

@cv My crews all carry a rod and level and they know how to use them, they do not have Lenker rods though. Any well maintained TS run by a decent IM ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: When to use a Philly Rod vs a Linker Rod?

@olemanriver the Philly rod is not dead, every one of my crews carries a rod and level and knows how to use them.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Hey, It's Upside Down

@jimcox you are on the wrong side of the plan sheet, flip the paper over and look up! LOL!

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Wisconsin Questions

@lurker you have to fill out the application but not necessarily all of the experience details if you are already licensed in another state so that yo...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Wisconsin Questions

@ric-moore I considered applying to the neighboring state of NY for licensure by comity. An Engineer friend that is licensed in several states actual...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: NLC Exam Prep for PS

Keep in mind that there is no single course that is going through the national portions of the exam. The exams are not standardized, each exam bookle...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Orthophotography as a map background

@firestix why would it be an insurance nightmare to overlay your survey on a rectified digital ortho as long as both are in the same datum?

3 years ago
Page 35 / 75