AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Cary M
Cary M
@cary-m
Free
Joined: April 19, 2016 11:26 am
Topics: 6 / Replies: 33
Reply
RE: First day advice

Wow, I didn't get notifications since Wednesday, thank you all so much!! Reading now!!

9 years ago
Reply
RE: First day advice

Awesome, some good points here that will help me get prepared. Thank you!

9 years ago
Topic
9 years ago
Replies: 47
Views: 2314
Reply
RE: If you could tell a newbie one thing...what would it be?

Just to reiterate what others have said: great thread. Can't wait to get out there at the end of this semester!

10 years ago
Reply
RE: I don't think ANYBODY should be allowed to get a surveyors license

J. Holt, post: 387658, member: 84 wrote: A few years of retracing old work and proper mentoring... I mean, really should everyone learn to use a miser...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey with $75 of equipment. What would you choose?

Bah! I'll have to check my notification settings, I had no idea so many people had added to this thread - I really appreciate it. Lots of great ideas/...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey with $75 of equipment. What would you choose?

Rich., post: 377983, member: 10450 wrote: I'd probably go get 75 lotto tickets. Haha, I'll update the thread title with however that works out... Ji...

10 years ago
Topic
Reply
RE: Surveyor's spouse's

My poor, poor wife: in my fledgling stage of surveying education, I get excited every time I see flagging tape 🙁 I'll check back in a year from now w...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Summer plans

Nburg, post: 374041, member: 11684 wrote: All of the programs are similar and as long as you have the fundamentals you can jump from one to the other ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: AutoCAD 2016 - Mac or PC?

Thanks for the heads-up; sounds like we're running about the same kind of machine. Like you, I hate updating - tried Mavericks and my mid-2010 Pro sta...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: AutoCAD 2016 - Mac or PC?

I've seen the toll 3D rendering takes on a computer, albeit 15 years ago‰Û? Haha, came back upstairs after an hour to find a half-rendered sphere, an ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: AutoCAD 2016 - Mac or PC?

Thank you Scott. It makes total sense that understanding each stage of the process will help to streamline the other stages. I appreciate the info re....

10 years ago
Reply
RE: AutoCAD 2016 - Mac or PC?

rfc, post: 373322, member: 8882 wrote: Parallels tries to "Macletize" the Windows OS...making everything intermingled...directories etc. I upgraded m...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Summer plans

Brad Ott, post: 373317, member: 197 wrote: Go get 'em tiger! I appreciate it!

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Summer plans

Mark Mayer, post: 373309, member: 424 wrote: Anybody can download a free 30 day demo. I checked the site; looks like it's the same as with AutoCAD. T...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying in the rain...

I found that moisture builds up really quickly inside a bag; it gets foggy and the moisture tries to rise - into the equipment. That said, since you'd...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Summer plans

Mark Mayer, post: 373291, member: 424 wrote: Most of us use some customized variety of CAD (eg/Civil 3d, Carlson Survey, Microsurvey, etc.) which has ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying in the rain...

Amish bonnet! Here's how I'd do it: run a length of insulation foam tape around the outside of the LS (so the bonnet doesn't slip and so that water do...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Summer plans

Oh no, sorry if I was unclear. I didn't think I'd be given any drafting tasks during work experience; I want to work separately on the drafting during...

10 years ago
Page 1 / 2