AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
brosef
brosef
@brosef
Free
Joined: November 14, 2014 7:50 pm
Topics: 2 / Replies: 16
Reply
RE: Help with caps for iron pipes

Apologies if I'm missing something here....but why don't you just tap the cap in AFTER you drive the pipe?

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Leica or Trimble....

Lee D, post: 348423, member: 7971 wrote: Just from memory:- I believe that the speed of the motors was slightly faster on the S6;- The "dumb screen" o...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: My trusty HP48 may have bit the dust.

My boss is selling all of the old GXs we have, with TDS survey pro, the manuals, and the environmental cases for pretty cheap. If you happen to be int...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Leica or Trimble....

I will personally take a Trimble S3 over an S6 any day. The Tracklight is indispensable, whether you're trying to get on line, or just find where the ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble Access an S6 and a Closed Traverse

BajaOR, post: 345157, member: 9139 wrote: If I was the office LS responsible for your work I'd want to see the raw positional and angular misclosures,...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: TSC2 "Sleep Mode"

Never heard of such a thing. Only time I hold the button that long is for a hard reboot.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble Access an S6 and a Closed Traverse

The office has us use a different point name for our tie in station. If the first station was 900, when we shoot it as a FS we store it under, say 109...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Vertical Curve Through Fixed Elevation

Thanks everybody, I got it now. Big help

11 years ago
Topic
Replies: 15
Views: 759
Reply
RE: The best robotic total station ?

If choosing between the Trimble S6 or S3 I prefer the S3. The tracklight is a glorious feature I use constantly. The S6 instead has a gimmicky camera ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Grid vs. Ground in data collector

Mock PostDo you have any texts available to you? There is a portion of the Surveyor Reference Manual that delves into the subject, maybe enough to hel...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: CST Certification/Examination

From the point of view of a new surveyor (about 2.5 years with CST 2), I am a big fan of the program. All the math you learn studying for them has hel...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Practicing Without a License

To Robert Hill,I posted the original question because I value and respect the opinion of licensed surveyors, and I am working towards becoming one. Al...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Practicing Without a License

Thanks for the input, since it seems to be pretty much unanimous, I am going to turn the work down. I plan on getting my license, and don't want to do...

12 years ago
Topic
Replies: 58
Views: 2182
Reply
RE: Staking out...update

My current employer also uses this stored stake out point for the elevation, because they do cut sheets in the office, instead of in the field as I ha...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: "Approximate Corner Stakes"

The company I work for has us stake out approximate corners often. Usually for the landscapers to see how far they have to sod, or for utility compani...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Coordinate Measurement

I would've made the wife run the rod for me, so I didn't have to run back and forth moving that prism around!I didn't even realize you could store coo...

12 years ago