AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Brian Nixon
Brian Nixon
@brian-nixon
Free
Joined: July 1, 2010 5:35 pm
Topics: 5 / Replies: 124
Reply
RE: Monument Placement Laws and Regulations

MEMO- The Pennsylvania Manual of Practice was published by the Pennsylvania Society of Land Surveyors and is NOT State Law or a State Code

13 years ago
Reply
RE: (PA Specific)Easements and Right-of-Ways

Here's how I would view the situation: 1) Your client owns three parcels which are owned in the same name but since they have been maintained as se...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Tracer Triangulation (The Bullets)

Gene Kooper would know a bit about this as he worked for Norm Van Sickles foe a while.Has anybody heard from Gene recently??

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Combining two lots into one “unusual situation”

Impossible"this can't happen unless a plat is done combining both lots." Are you saying that two independent property owners could not sell their ind...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson Plotting Question

Let me take a stab at this. With my data collector when I send drawing from the computer it must be in the .dxf file format. The same for the return f...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: HP DesignJet 430 24" B&W plotter threw a belt!

Lube for Plotter HP Part No 6040-0858

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Crazy Vermont Septic Rules

In Pennsylvania the well head protective radius is 100 ft. 500 feet seems excessive to me. Do they have a minimum lot size to use on-site septic syst...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Faithful old Allegro

I work on the theory that if a devise is put together with screws it was meant to be taken apart.

14 years ago
Reply
RE: A distance of

Sorry Guys I disagree. I am An old fart who has been writing metes and bounds descriptions for over 35 years. In my early days we wrote the bearings...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Recording old surveys

The only way I could get such a plan recorded would be to include it as an attachment to a deed.

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Plotting in Model Space or Paper Space

Draw in Model Space, Plot in Paper Space

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Need to rent/borrow a Carlson data collector for a day or tw

If you are having trouble with the bluetooth it is a known problem. I have heard of several problems with the Atniv Bluetooth in the 600+ (Including ...

14 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: American Surveyor article on sheer stupidity

After reading the article I would use the word arrogance rather than stupidity. Sometimes those who are employed in a government position forget who t...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Price Fixing

Negotiating a lower commission rate with an agent is common. You can generally get them to accept a lower rate for a sale where the sellers and buyers...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: pre-construction EC

One of the questions I always ask a new (or old) client when they call foe a survey of any kind is "Why do you want this survey, what are you looking ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson Explorer 600+ Bluetooth

I gave up on the Atinav Bluetooth a year ago and went to the cable. Someone from Carlson referenced a rehabilitated CF card that they had on their web...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: What do you do here?

A different option might be to set the true midpoint on the line rather than trying to set corner E. In that fashion you are further monumenting your ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Pounce

As I recall there were different eradicators depending the material you were working on. The eradicator for "paper sepia's" bleached the light sensiti...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Pounce

You young kids don't know nuttin.Pounce was a very fine powder which was used to prepare the surface of linen cloth and mylar to accept ink.Scum-X bag...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: PA - Specific Unrecorded Easement from the 1920's

Relocate? From Where? To Where?Here in the SE corner of PA many of the older PennDot Highway plans are recorded in the county Recorder of Deeds Offic...

14 years ago
Page 2 / 7