AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
brendan8762
brendan8762
@brendan8762
Free
Joined: June 21, 2023 11:11 am
Last seen: December 30, 2024 11:14 pm
Topics: 2 / Replies: 23
Reply
RE: Precision Levelling

@johnymal I would consider those to both be excellent instruments. I never used the Sokkia but they have a good reputation. The Sokkia has the adva...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Closed Loop Traverse

I always measure horizontal angle right (HAR) regardless of the direction I am travelling. Like Norman said these days I would take my observations f...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Levelling a total station & error

Great work. Thank you for digging into these questions that a lot of us have. I feel I was taught quality practices, by a phenomenal surveyor, when I...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Geomax Prism Reccomendations

Full disclosure, I have no experience with products for either of these manufacturers, that being said I don’t think that you will have any issues. ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: FL/FR Observations & Error

I've struggled with this since I was first handed a robot. I was taught in the age of booking double angles. When I received my first Yellow robot, ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Leica level NAK2

Here's a post recently with some discussion on optical levels: Precision Levelling - Strictly Surveying - RPLS.com

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Leica level NAK2

My Wild NAK2 (manufactured in 1980, before the name change, but still the "new style") is my pride and joy. I have absolutely no regrets or complaints...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Control/traversing Commandments?

I don't double all of my observations with the (expressed) intention of cancelling out any systematic error in the plummets/poles. My intent is to add...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Precision Levelling

That is interesting. I hadn't considered that before. I always tended to think that my estimation of millimetres, on a metric E rod (in non-precision ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble 360 prism bubble calibration

In theory I get that but I only ever use 360 prisms for rough work (aka pole work), if I'm getting that close the to the ground then I'm likely using ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble 360 prism bubble calibration

I'm curious as to why they put level bubbles on them at all.

2 years ago
Reply
2 years ago
Reply
RE: Precision Levelling

Thank you for the quick tutorial. I sometimes forget that there are people that might not be familiar with these instruments, or the nomenclature. I ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Precision Levelling

That sounds like a fascinating project. The man who taught me most of what I know used to work for the provincial government here doing control work a...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Precision Levelling

I'll be right there! (It's only 2000 miles, one way.)

2 years ago
Topic
Replies: 60
Views: 5414
Reply
RE: Control/traversing Commandments?

"Fingertip tight." That's how I was taught and I'm regularly surprised that others (apparently) didn't receive the same lesson.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Control/traversing Commandments?

I regularly check and adjust all my gear, especially before running control. My goal is to always do all the cross ties available, but do them twice....

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Control/traversing Commandments?

I would always "measure rounds" as Trimble calls the routine. Once you are already set up the turning of additional rounds adds almost no time to the ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble 360 prism from an angle..

I wouldn't count on Access knowing any more than the prism constant. I've never seen anything written (either in manufacture' literature or elsewhere)...

3 years ago
Page 1 / 2