AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: October 5, 2026 9:37 pm
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9717
Reply
RE: Topcon GPT-3105 Prism offset.

Testing Requires A Base ComparisonA known baseline is not required to determine the prism constant. Use the AB+BC=AC+offset method on 3 points in ...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon GPT-3105 Prism offset.

>close to twice the 4.4 differenceI can't see any way that twice the distance is relevant. The EDM measures two-way path length and divides by 2. ...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS for GPS

I'm not sure all the phones have GPS. There is also a location method using the cell towers and wifi addresses.

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Problem of the week

It looks to me like Madison St goes through for several blocks (see 1990 photo) so is probably not just used for grain trucks. In fact, the current G...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Problem of the week

Well, it isn't like the north side had some expensive structure on it to prevent relocating the road back to where it was.What is the multi-sided figu...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: One second gun VS five second gun.. Optics

DaneThe number I had heard was that good eyes can resolve 0.7 minutes, pretty close to what you said. But is that the same thing as finding the cente...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Sale Tax

BillYou'll have to deal with the Surveyors Historical Society. I was just admiring it. If I didn't have anything else to do (ha!) I would get a benc...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Sale Tax

"Hidden " TaxesThis doesn't address the original issue of collecting local taxes when you buy away from home.But whatever the taxes and fees are, I th...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Christie To Reconsider Tunnel Financing

Jim, that's one of my pet peeves also. An increase should be what is added, so that would mean 100% + 150%. But a great many people use the other no...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Christie To Reconsider Tunnel Financing

Without commenting on the merits of any particular project, I wonder why it is that we pool the money from all the states and then send it back to sta...

16 years ago
Page 492 / 501