AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: October 5, 2026 9:37 pm
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9717
Topic
Replies: 18
Views: 923
Reply
RE: A technical difference of opinion....

I might understand if there was a slight nonlinearity versus temperature. But what you seem to be suggesting is nonlinear versus length, and I have n...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Bilby Towers

There may be another one standing in Florida, as mentioned here.

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Navigation/Recreation GPS question

Lat-lon registration of photos may vary easily 50 ft and sometimes much more. The relative distances if you stay on one sheet are pretty good.

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Navigation/Recreation GPS question

That's a big peeve for me on the older Garmin I have. ITenths of a mile is reasonable for traveling but not for many recreational, scientific, and bu...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Wells Fargo

Wells Fargo-DanAreas that flood are are created by nature (or badly designed development.Flood Zones are identifications (correct or mistaken) created...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: 1954 County Line run by Transit

Was he trying to run by grid bearing? Seems unlikely. If not, it would be interesting to know how much the grid convergence changes over the length ...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Understanding DIN specs

Maybe this is covered in the spec, but it isn't at all clear to me. If the published spec is for one pointing, then for 2 pointing isn't the std dev ...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: 1954-vintage County Line Monument

How do you estimate the proper pivot point depth? If you don't dig much vs digging almost to the bottom of the post, won't you get a different result...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Measuring Heights

Sounds like it should work if the geometry is reasonable. You won't sight the center of the stack, I hope, since that is probably a wide target. I'd...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Reticle illumination for Polaris sights?

I use another version of the little LED book light to clip onto the mirror and illuminate the scale. It doesn't do anything for the reticule.I'm thin...

16 years ago
Topic
Replies: 3
Views: 856
Page 491 / 501