AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: October 5, 2026 9:37 pm
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9717
Reply
RE: Significant Digits

I like Loyal's answer best, although it could be improved by saying if that is std dev or some other confidence interval. I've always hated the conve...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Need Help Deciphering Survey

>not by a "corrected" bearing, but by the reciprocal bearing.There are interesting minor differences between times and places. Typical GLO notes f...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Need Help Deciphering Survey

Begin by explaining that the north magnetic pole is not the same as the north geographic pole and moves over the years, with a diagram of the usual si...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Christmas/Holiday cards

Given the head color, wing shape, and tuft of feathers just above the foot, it looks more like a penguin. Artistic license, I suppose, but there need...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Need Help Deciphering Survey

Did the original surveys in this township not include all the sections, and get finished by someone else? Was there some Indian boundary or other dis...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Need Help Deciphering Survey

The W may be a scrivener's error, since the values in that area and era were probably all east.Would two different dates (original gov't survey vs res...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Christmas/Holiday cards

How did penguins get to the north pole? Polar bears and Santa are northerners.I know, picky picky picky ...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: azimuth by lunar

I have tracked Polaris for about an hour after official sunrise, and likewise found it before sunset by already having azimuth to less than a degree. ...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: azimuth by lunar

I'm sure it can be done, but doubt the ultimate accuracy will be as good as solar. I'm certain it will not as be good as using Polaris when condition...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Excel help - formulas?

Highlight CopyPaste Special/Values

16 years ago
Reply
RE: tri station rehab

Do you use a tribrach or a plumb bob? What accuracy is practical to hold for the relationship of the subsurface and surface marks (i.e. 0.5 mm, 2mm, ...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Geodimeter 444 Plus All The Fixin's

I'd think you could do better by parting it out on ebay instead of selling it as a lot.

16 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Chaining Contest (Actually a Math Puzzle)

Like Carl, I would really want to know if the terrain was different in each segment and choose accordingly.Lacking that information, the best estimate...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey calculation puzzle

Kent and Dave have much better approaches than I used. I constructed one of the triangle Dave did, but got focused on coordinates and didn't think of...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey calculation puzzle

We agree very closely. I had 13-29-43 and 117.770 using Excel to do the calculations as I worked through coordinates for lots of points.I found it ea...

16 years ago
Page 490 / 501