AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: October 4, 2026 3:52 pm
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9715
Reply
RE: Prismless through water?

I can think of three issues:1. The attenuation of water will depend on the wavelength of EDM, so you may get a weak return2. The index of refraction/s...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Geometry genius needed

If you don't have too many people already, I'd like to try it.billhart (at) cedar-rapids (dot) net(spelled out to reduce harvesting of address for spa...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Is Trimble Survey equipment intrinsically safe?

The two main concerns are how hot a spark might be created and how hot any part might get if there was a short circuit.I would think any non-hermetic ...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: LightSquared and GPS

I think Javad or any other good microwave RF designer can do it, providing that LS drops the plan for the upper 10 MHz of the spectrum in question. T...

15 years ago
Reply
15 years ago
Reply
RE: Monumentation In Concrete Pavers

If 1-inch disks are specified, go ahead and place them UNDER the pavers. Set reference marks to help people find the line.

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Grid to Ground / Combined Scale Factor

Amen, Loyal.If you scale coordinates, they aren't SPC any more. They are project coordinates, which is fine, so long as everybody knows they are such...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Bad News

More Bad NewsI hope you corrected that 150 number.And I hope you had more to tie to than just one chiseled cross.Why is there no dimension for the mis...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Relative Positional Precision

Properly used, the Excel CONFIDENCE function is correct for one-dimensional gaussian normal (bell-curve) distributions. That would include leveling d...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Relative Positional Precision

After Larry's points, the first real statistical concepts you need are mean and standard deviation.Set your first goal as just learning what these mea...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: $80,000 and counting

From previous discussions of title insurance, it would seem that this should make headlines: TITLE COMPANY PAYS FIRST CLAIM!

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Fiction books by and/or about Surveyors

I started reading the other site after Survey Noir was posted, but saw a link (that no longer works) and read what was available. It was very good en...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Fiction books by and/or about Surveyors

A related thread from last July:[msg=83765

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Engadget report on the Lightsquared Fix

The discussion following that article seems to be one guy who argues for LS and leaves out some important factor in every post. When the several othe...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Advertising in Yellow/White Pages Anymore?

I don't know how much they get used anymore by the average consumer. I use them any time I need a service or product and don't already have a favorit...

15 years ago
Page 468 / 501