AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: October 2, 2026 7:42 pm
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9715
Reply
RE: Historical Accuracy

Pacing or measuring along compass courses would be fine for starting at the well and finding the right big tree. The final leg needs to be a short di...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Happy Independence Day

I hope this isn't too political

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Historical Accuracy

He isn't going to be able to do it just from star positions. The best specialized scientific instruments of the day might a position on the ground wi...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Legal-eeze hair-splitting

Count me with the ones who say that GPS is measuring.My own terminology is that a reading on a tape, an angle turned, a GPS vector is an observation. ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Where is the 1/4 corner - BLM related (Long)

So it is a choice between:"Over the intervening years it looks like surveyors in Section 36 used that 1/4 corner that was existing to do their breakdo...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Adverse Possession?

They can't claim adverse possession because they say they asked permission from the developer who owns the land. Even without that, although the use ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: OK So I have this METRIC drawing, from another surveyor

I don't recognize that number 3.28083343668 - where is it from?US feet = meters * 3937/1200 = meters * 3.280833333333Int'l feet = meters/0.3048 = mete...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Client hires 3 surveyors, still doesn't get right answer

SwamiHe said he shares some boundary with state land.

13 years ago
Reply
RE: BING!!!!! ( EMAIL EQUIVALENT OF RING RING....)

In Engrish danmitWhy would you apply there?If you're thinking of those pretty girls who lived near Hooterville, Pixley, and Petticoat Junction on TV, ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Most efficient solo methods

I'd never heard of this practice (not that I have that much field experience), but was surprised to find it described in Norman Van Valkenburgh's nove...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Fiction books by and/or about Surveyors

I was given a copy of "Mayhem in the Catskills" to read and pass on. I think it is the next in the series after "Murder in the Catskills". It in the...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: When is a "pin cushion" necessary?

Sounds like you need a permit to pull your traverse nails after finishing a job and setting the real corners.

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Baselines and GPS Equipment

GPS on an official baseline may satisfy a requirement, and can be a good check for repeatability, but is still missing some important checks.I'd say g...

13 years ago
Page 434 / 501