AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: October 2, 2026 7:42 pm
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9715
Reply
RE: Question for machine control guys

I can see the need for "calibration" if the design was done, say, from total station measurements and no good GPS data. But if the control was establ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Question for machine control guys

I've got a stupid question, since I haven't worked with machine control. It would seem that the design would be done in NAD83 (probably via SPC) and ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: ALTA Easement question

Can you just say "Easement across parking lot for access by school buses per Bk/Pg, no dimensions or precise location specified."

13 years ago
Reply
RE: A bit of advice/embarassment learned from

Memory self-check test:If you forget where your keys are, you're ok. Everybody does it sometimes.If you get out to the car and realize you have the o...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Tick Protection leggings

A couple older threads on tick preventionsurveyorconnect.com/index.php?mode=thread&id=68955Note the warning about flea collars in contact with the...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Tick Protection leggings

[pedanticism]They use carbon dioxide because that is what people and animals give off in their breath. Carbon monoxide is the much more dangerous stu...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: My latest find / toy

A lot of personal computers used a lithium backup battery, I'm pretty sure as far back as the mid 80's. I don't remember if the very first ones in 19...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Setbacks

What did the buddy use for numbers to put in his GPS? City GIS?

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveyors Rendezvous 2013 Deadlines Approaching

Who else on the forum is planning to go?I was surprised that, when I mentioned that there were some interesting programs, my wife said she would like ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: I'm back-

So tell us about their coordinate system and control.

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Adobe Shockwave Flash crashing Firefox Mozilla

Catch 22? You need it to work to see the video about how to make it work?

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Kinda, maybe survey connected trip to jail

Why didn't they just use the Google Earth image? Ok, not quite the resolution they wanted, but where is the dividing line?

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Orient Test Stand True North

The difference between astronomic north and true geodetic north is the Laplace correction. It is non-zero if irregularities in the earth's density cau...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Turning Sets - State Specific?

With A robot...I'd think an encoder would have the same potential errors as older glass circles. I haven't seen an actual modern encoder, but it has ...

13 years ago
Page 433 / 501