Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: September 30, 2026 5:43 pm
Never one related to surveying. Do you have an invention to help surveyors, or are you talking about a land patent?When I worked for a large corporat...
But it's sorta like Schroedinger's Cat in physics. It either did or didn't happen and you might as well consider both alternatives to exist until a c...
Suits are still common at weddings and funerals, but perhaps only a slim majority of the attendees and nowhere near all.
Somewhere around here I have a clipping from the hometown newspaper in southern Iowa where an old geezer was reminiscing about things and mentioned th...
Prior threads on Coconino[msg=125386br>[msg=233821br>[msg=238336
Huh? What?What was the "westerly" bearing along the street? If it was S 60 31'W then my first attempt at the quadrants was right and the closure is 1...
The park foundation doesn't own the house, but perhaps the use you suggest could be termed compatible with the charter. In that case, an agreement co...
I think I'd chase back to the earliest occurrence of the description to see if someone miscopied it along the chain of transfers.Then I'd compare adjo...
The articles don't use lot numbers. I'd still like to know what the developer really owned.
>The developer ... didn't discover the error until ... it tried to sell the house and the prospective buyers got a survey.I wonder who made the "su...
A drill or a hammer and nail are the fastest and surest ways to be sure nobody but NSA will ever read from that disk.But if you've got time to play wi...
>"small dimensions" refers to the part to the right of the decimal point?:good: That goes with the repeated "approximately" on the round numbers o...
>Click that little thing that says "Help"All too frequently, I find the help not very helpful. Many programs come with something that appears auto...
Fella must've worked in Nebraska, too...As mentioned above, I'm pretty sure this is a case where somebody reduced the fraction to lowest terms like th...
It would seem to me that the landowner couldn't stop them if they went through eminent domain procedures with compensation, but they ignored all that....
>The parcel was sold with a lot of restrictions about it only being for a boat storage building and nothing more, etcIf that isn't a zoning rule, t...
Albert White's History of the Rectangular Survey System on page 515 quotes instructions of 1881:8. The township lines and the subdivision lines will u...
Could that just be another name for a timber scribe tool? The one that works a little like a drawing compass with a cutter instead of a pencil for ma...