AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: September 30, 2026 5:43 pm
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9714
Reply
RE: Relative Positional Precision - Why did I fail?

>95% error estimates are basically twice the standard error estimates (68%).That's for a 1-dimensional gaussian normal variable. For two dimension...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Who Gets the Abandoned RR ROW

I wasn't clear from your original post. Is this the sequence?-US gives easement to RR-US sells by patent land in one parcel which the RR crosses-Parc...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Who Gets the Abandoned RR ROW

Sounds like no one has ever owned the ROW except the Federal Gov't and the RR. So nobody else has a claim under reversion. Either it goes back to th...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Instrument Constant question

I don't have wide experience, but I thought that Leica was the only one to hide the constants and pretend they are zero. My old old Topcon needs to b...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Laying out a right angle with a 200' tape...

Assuming 10-ft loops to avoid kinking the tape, why not use the whole tape?A holds 0 and 200B holds 45 and 55C holds 115 and 125AB = 45BC = 60CA = 75r...

12 years ago
Topic
Forum
Replies: 1
Views: 888
Reply
RE: Confirm that brass!

Have you turned in your recovery report to NGS? I'd recommend a POOR report with explanation. Although it is really destroyed NGS doesn't include an...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Best practices to confirm a right angle (or any angle)

Duh. I should read more carefully.Still, why do you think it is a perfect 90?

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Best practices to confirm a right angle (or any angle)

What tells you it should be a right angle?Does it look more like a right angle or a 45 degree angle?

12 years ago
Reply
12 years ago
Reply
RE: Least Squares Mean vs. Plain Old Mean in Starnet

I agree with Kent.To explain what I think is the thrust of your question, the variance of the meaned value reduces by the number of sets, so the std d...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: An architect, an engineer and a surveyor walked into..

I always figured that it should be easier to scan a letter to an official and get the point quickly. There are too many words here for the content, I...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Private citizen survey problem.

At least this one knows what capital letters and punctuation are. But there is still frustration reading "please help me but I can't tell you anythin...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: What benchmarks do you use for elevation certificates?

Sorry, Cliff, I'm not sure how to interpret that. Could you explain again in a little more detail? Are you saying that NAVD88 has flavors that match...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Weirdest client you ever had

My boss's boss's boss used to be named Jack. People learned they had to be careful of saying hi to him in an airport.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: What benchmarks do you use for elevation certificates?

>you STILL have to then compute elevation based on the current geoid.If they want NAVD88 elevations, what does the current geoid have to do with it...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Anyone Know Where to Get a Metric Steel Tape?

>So.. temperature of work environment can directly affect tape without resistance and insulation of nylon coating.Even with insulation, it will get...

12 years ago
Forum
Page 399 / 501