AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: October 9, 2026 7:22 pm
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9717
Reply
RE: Summer learnings

I attended the funeral just after Xmas for a 55-year old cousin whose death resulted from the aftermath of melanoma on a toe. I'm guessing he sunburne...

9 months ago
Reply
RE: Plumb bob design thought

I can understand the mercury damping out some motions, but fail to see how it would affect pendulum swing.

9 months ago
Topic
Replies: 11
Views: 1946
Reply
RE: HP 35s/RPN replacement

I found an RPN app for my phone. Key layout isn't optimum, but the functionality is there. There may be others. As a plus, the app shows the stack c...

9 months ago
Reply
RE: Drafting...

If you don't rubber stsmp or crimp. How do you put your seal on it?

10 months ago
Reply
10 months ago
Reply
RE: Cleaning up

I took the EIT and PE (electrical) pretty much at the first opportunities and passes first tries. I was always interested in surveying and surveying h...

10 months ago
Reply
RE: Cleaning up

I alsi have hand-picked corn beside a wagon pulled by horses. They needed no driver, but just knew to keep pace eith you. While I've lived through a...

10 months ago
Reply
RE: Cleaning up

I grew up in that world, HC. Railroad was a few miles away, though. We got electricity in 1962. Before that, one white gas lamp anf one kerosene. Bat...

10 months ago
Reply
RE: Storm

Weather here in eastern Iowa has been routine this week - some snow, the plows go, and life goes on. Back on Nov 29 was our first serious snow and so ...

10 months ago
Reply
RE: Magnetic Locator Issues GA-52 CX

The Harbor Freight multimeter for less than ten bucks (used to be 5) is useful and cheap enough to have one in every home, office, and vehicle. It do...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: RR Spiral Curve Help

Was it Loyal Olson who was our expert on spirals? For circular curves I made a program that deals with both RR and hiway curve definitions. The link...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: Comparing two surveys

One way to compare surveys would be to enter the new survey coordinate data in Starnet with fairly tight tolerances, and your angles and distances (no...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: Comparing two surveys

BTW, welcome back. We had some interesting exchanges back then.

11 months ago
Reply
RE: Comparing two surveys

In 1980 the coordinates would have been in NAD27, and would have been much different from Vermont SPC for NAD83. If the sets of coordinates are withi...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: Aqua Survey Dip Needle

A friend who knows I like that kind of stuff picked one up for me at a garage sale for $5. At first glance there are two problems The leather strap ...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: The most pin cushions I have ever seen in one place

Sometomes passing a strong magnet over the area suspected of harboring an iron will leave enough magnetism for the detector, especially if the iron i...

11 months ago
Page 4 / 501