AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: September 30, 2026 5:43 pm
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9714
Reply
RE: North Reference

That first diagram leaves out a critical assumption-you have to precisely straddle local noon. I think if I follow its instructions at 3:00 and 3:15 ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Coordinate Data Question

Cartesian coordinates are generally the most useful representation of your data when you want to calculate relationships of points. Given some angles...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: SEEKING VIEWS FROM DIFFERENT PLACES

oops you are correctWell, that certainly simplifies the problem, although I doubt you will get a unanimous answer.A very likely answer is that since t...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: SEEKING VIEWS FROM DIFFERENT PLACES

there are no other facts to consider.I'm afraid the academic answer is "it depends." In the real world, there are probably other pertinent facts, but...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: SEEKING VIEWS FROM DIFFERENT PLACES

Time to gather testimony from the grantor, his heirs, or anyone else who may know more about what was intended.Unless that strip down the middle is be...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Relative Positional Precision - Why did I fail?

I don't see how you can objectively test RPP standards.>The chi test of STarNet is not based on measurements taken on the job at handIt DOES test t...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Determining the BFE in a backwater

>3. (A) The point of land where the 1% line crosses over to the backwater is at 4539.7Amazing - a logical, practical result in connection with a go...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: reply from poster

This [msg=277350]thread[/msg]?

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Electronic files

I'd be somewhat worried that the town officials got the impression "Radar made a bunch of mistakes and the other firm kept us out of trouble," and tha...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: "Azimuth and Bearings" in Starnet

Star*Net uses one of those values depending on which code you use to feed it your data. Each one needs to be set to be realistic for that data.Angles...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Does the "owner" have the rights to grant an easement?

Does the adjoiner to the south know of the situation? You might need to get a easement from that person, too?

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Relative Positional Precision - Why did I fail?

Difference explained in old threadThe nugget in those old threads is Dennis Milbert's post about 80% of the way down [msg=242017]this thread[/msg]

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Is 40 too old to begin a surveying career?

If you get an entry level job, you may get good at the tasks but never learn enough of what's going on in the equipment and why you do what they tell ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Relative Positional Precision - Why did I fail?

No Angle At 102, Is Not A TraverseMy own preferred philosophy is to inflate the standard errors by the std err of unit weight IF that increases them, ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Relative Positional Precision - Why did I fail?

I haven't actually run your numbers, so my post above may or may not be on target for your program.Another thought - try separating the horizontal and...

12 years ago
Page 398 / 501