AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: September 30, 2026 5:43 pm
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9714
Reply
RE: Need help overlap?

The details of why and how that 2003 document changed the description are critical to understanding this.Trivia point: it is spelled metes and bounds.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Need help overlap?

The surveyors should have checked the whole block to see how the lots fit and not just picked one corner and measured from there. It is not uncommon ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Traverse Adjustment with raw coordinates

I agree with Larry. You can't adjust anything unless you have redundant data, check measurements. Closing a traverse can provide check data, as can ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Supreme Court Case that might relate to Surveying?

The official reason, of course, is to protect the health of the public. However, I haven't seen the exams and somehow doubt that they are all about h...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: T4 update

>Keeping old instruments and machines serviceable is a noble hobby.And we'll need that capability again if the country/world situation gets to the ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Placement of excess and deficiency in older subdivisions

I doubt plats of that age typically intended to express significant figures. The 323 could be read as if it was 323.0 to the same precision as any ot...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Supreme Court Case that might relate to Surveying?

I think there should be a basic surveying license, plus a requirement to also qualify for endorsements to that license in the areas you will practice ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Describing a circle

Disclaimer - I'm not a pro. If the site is a rectangle taken entirely out of one adjoiner, then just describing the circle is a good start. You also ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Perils of records research

I'm 64, so did a lot of cursive writing in school, through college, and after. I find that I now write much less than than I used to, and have fallen...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Klutzy stuff in software

Klutzy stuff in standards"The nice thing about standards is you have so many to choose from."

12 years ago
Reply
RE: SEEKING VIEWS FROM DIFFERENT PLACES

ACCEPT THE GIVENSHe corrected the problem statement in the middle of this thread. It's 37.5 and 37.5 granted.

12 years ago
Page 397 / 501