AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: September 30, 2026 5:43 pm
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9714
Reply
RE: This is why your 5" total station sucks!

"The network was groups of targets around the horizon."First off, I'll say I admire your stamina in taking that much data. I once considered doing su...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Call I Could Have Done Without

"What's the best way to get a recorded copy of a map?"That might be a legitimate question in some areas, where this jurisdiction has them on line for ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Root Balls

Not the clearest picture, but it looks to me like the root has moved the tile against the disk and rod.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Have you ever drug a chain?

I hope not>A real chain was never "drug"I got to hold one end of a chain at a historical event several years ago, and the leader was letting it dra...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Why are so many 1/4 miles 1316.25'?

> I am not sure exactly where I would hold the plumb bob, or drop my chaining pin fromWell, get them out and measure them against your best modern ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Why are so many 1/4 miles 1316.25'?

Perhaps he is referring to Nate's comment in this [msg=91575]old thread[/msg]?I took that comment to have picked an arbitrary number different from 13...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Another leveling question

>adjusting a level loop really doesn't improve the quality of the dataIf you do forward and backward and get different answers, which one is better...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: digital level usage

Post formatting[pre]This is preformatted text with extra spaces.[/pre]This is code with extra spaces. Code gives it a fixed-pitch ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: digital level usage

Post formattingI've seen pre mentioned before. Don't know what it stands for. It works even though it isn't in the pushbutton list at the right of th...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Why are so many 1/4 miles 1316.25'?

Slope chainingI've come to suspect that the 1958 development plat our church is in, and I've scratched my head over for so long, was laid out with slo...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Why are so many 1/4 miles 1316.25'?

I missed the source of the observation, and that might help with the explanation. Where do you find so many 1/4 miles that are that distance?

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon Solar Equipment needed

If you have to buy equipment that you won't be using much in the future, consider buying a workable old K&E or Dietzgen half-minute transit and us...

12 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Hairpin curves

R=14, Delta=157, half ROW=15If that's the centerline data, then the inside of the curve doesn't even have room for a minimal curve - it's a sharp poin...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Interesting discussion regarding a landlocked property

I spent a while searching for the poster's user name but didn't come up with any definitive clues to his full name or address. The Whitepages search ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey Affidavit & Title Insurance

Iowa gets along pretty well without Title Insurance.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Interesting discussion regarding a landlocked property

You addressed a question to KJac, but I don't think it's his problem, just something he found interesting for discussion.I saw something in the Reddit...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Sun shots

True (if that's the current count of leap seconds), but most GPS receivers apply the difference to display UTC. However, what you need for astro work...

12 years ago
Page 390 / 501