AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: September 28, 2026 6:55 pm
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9711
Reply
RE: Survey deed and physical stakes don't match

You say you have a survey. Is it a REAL land survey, stamped and signed by a licensed surveyor, with no disclaimer that it is only an inspection or s...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Nate's New Javad ~ November 2015 ~

Mark Mayer, post: 343431, member: 424 wrote: this is the first time we've seen you. Yeah, he doesn't look anything like his avatar.:-D It's strange h...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: How do you personally achieve redundancy for least squares?

Totalsurv, post: 343442, member: 8202 wrote: Is it feasible to do an open traverse and adjust in LS using just multiple sets? Yes, but your error ell...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Where are we headed? 100 hertz GPS!

matt8200, post: 343421, member: 6878 wrote: time required to acquire a fix is inversely proportional to the rate of the corrections There comes a poi...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Where are we headed? 100 hertz GPS!

Where is the benefit to 100 Hz? Isn't the bandwidth of the ionospheric path changes a lot less than that? I recall working with radio links having "...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: The Beginning of the End of Licensure?

What needs to happen is to move boundary surveying out of the engineering schools and into the law colleges. It's a specialty of law, and would get t...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: The Beginning of the End of Licensure?

They think better measuring technology will eliminate the need for expert knowledge of boundary surveying? Not unless every parcel in the state has b...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: The bogus theory of subdividing sections in the PLSS

I've seen this topic and offshoots of it discussed for so long that I've forgotten what the "Bogus Theory" actually is. Many of the thread just assum...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: How to know if you're in the right profession

RADAR, post: 343142, member: 413 wrote: although you could survey as a hobby, I don't think there's to many that do I'm one of those rare ones. I "s...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: How do you identify "cycle slips" in your opus file?

The file you posted above got mangled, I suppose by the space-stripper in the forum software. But I think the file format is column sensitive, so if ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: The reading was only off by 10 meters

rfc, post: 342840, member: 8882 wrote: There's something unique and special about the "10 meters". Most EDMs work by sending an infrared light beam t...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: What to edit in a Rinex file?

Surprisingly, there is no 2. When I convert my .dat file to .15o, that line says1 1 Wavelength Fact L1/L2 Maybe I've missed an option to force it to...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: What to edit in a Rinex file?

I think it is a worthwhile topic, but so far the answers haven't been particularly clear and directed at the original questions.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: What to edit in a Rinex file?

OPUS-S may be ignoring most of the L2 data, but I have reports from it on three points with "horizontal network accuracy" of 3.3, 1.1 , and 1.9 cm (no...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: What to edit in a Rinex file?

I think we've determined that the receiver I'm playing with won't support OPUS-RS. I'm asking about OPUS-S.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: What to edit in a Rinex file?

Paul in PA, post: 342673, member: 236 wrote: Most software is good enough to ignore the bad data and not bother you with trimming. Are you saying I n...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: OPUS Projects

Poorly stated question. I'm very familiar with the NGS PID system. I meant to address Steve Corley - what is the PID of the station that you found bu...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: What to edit in a Rinex file?

I've been using the UNAVCO_Teqc_Tutorial.pdf and find it pretty good on HOW to edit and get reports. Now I'm looking for how to make the judgment of ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: OPUS Projects

What is the PID?

11 years ago
Page 359 / 501