AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: September 28, 2026 6:55 pm
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9711
Reply
RE: Help a frustrated amateur with eliminating unidentified measurement error

weakwilled15, post: 347439, member: 10822 wrote: Grid vs ground measurements eh? These are all ground points, as far as I am aware. I don't know wha...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Help a frustrated amateur with eliminating unidentified measurement error

Dave Karoly, post: 347412, member: 94 wrote: I don't understand, what does "0.050-60mm and 0.020-0.30mm" mean? I think he means "within a range of 0...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Help a frustrated amateur with eliminating unidentified measurement error

You should set reasonable temperature and pressure (absolute, not weather report pressure) but failing to update during the day won't make the kind of...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveyors and lead exposure

I don't see occasional handling of lead to be a problem, especially if you wash your hands before eating. When something is "known to the state of Ca...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: LSQ, Transit, Compass, Crandall Adjustments

Many LS solutions are possible by altering the standard error estimates. We hope they fit the actual field accuracy of distances, centering, and ang...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Why is it for the courts to decide?

Nor does a teaching degree make a good teacher if they don't also understand the material they are teaching, to better than the level they expect the ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Crazy Stories you Want to Share

The thread has drifted from property situations to notable encounters with people, so I'll relate one of my strangest ones vaguely related to surveyin...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Railroad ROW issues...

WWJCD : What would Judge Cooley do?

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Order of adjustments for optical plummets

It is best if the tripod head is close to level when you start checking so that you don't have to go to extremes on the tribrach screws. If you have ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Poison Ivy Vaccine

JaRo, post: 346630, member: 292 wrote: eat about one inch square of a poison ivy leaf No way! If a chance contact makes your skin break out, would ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Star*net: Crappy data or not enough redundancy; how can you tell?

OOPS. I re-read the manual and it appears it does use the HI/HT. The example didn't.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Star*net: Crappy data or not enough redundancy; how can you tell?

I note that if I take out the measurements 800-1000 everything else fits a whole lot better. Recheck those. For the V code in vertical difference mod...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Star*net: Crappy data or not enough redundancy; how can you tell?

This isn't a convergence problem, but after you lick that problem, basing the orientation of the network on two points relatively close together is go...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying along the County Line

You're right the cross on that t is faint or missing. The t is crossed in other occurrences such as at the south end of the line. I would say it is ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying along the County Line

I see a place where he used Variatn for variation in the old style of abbreviation.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying along the County Line

True, but the solar compass was invented in the late 1830's and came into common use in the early 1840's. In Iowa, the solar compass came into use on...

11 years ago
Page 356 / 501