AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: September 28, 2026 6:55 pm
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9711
Reply
RE: Surveying along the County Line

Uh, sorry to sound disrespectful, but any surveyor taking on a historical retracement who would read "varial" or variati" instead of first trying to m...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Why is it for the courts to decide?

Ok, Dave, I sort of overstated the idea. We don't want surveyors influenced by the lawyers' mission to do anything they can get away with to win for ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Happy Thanksgiving!

We recently had a thread about "Which came first" that brought out a lot of career histories.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Why is it for the courts to decide?

That's why boundary surveying needs to be taught in law schools, not as part of civil engineering. And the tests need to concentrate on law, not calc...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: What is it worth?

John Giles, post: 345709, member: 57 wrote: within a few hundredths of the coordinates given to me. Is the absolute location critical, or only spacin...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Fl Surveyor PLS 4256 (Retired)

Very appropriate name for a surveyor. It reminded me of the Flatt family ... who ran a chain of tire stores around here. Truth.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Cool Article about Magnetic Declination

The collectors and historians of instruments should check the nAmes in 3he acknowledgements.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: I'm flattered...

Nate The Surveyor, post: 345410, member: 291 wrote: Is Cash your actual name Anyone who has followed all his posts has plenty of clues to confirm wha...

11 years ago
Topic
Replies: 3
Views: 1372
Reply
RE: TSC2 "Sleep Mode"

christ lambrecht, post: 345246, member: 284 wrote: when daylight saving switches I didn't know you had that foolishness on your side of the pond. I ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Monuments, per Statute

Holy Cow, post: 345005, member: 50 wrote: c. Have a minimum cross-section area of material of 0.2 square inches; Does a nominal 1/2" rebar qualify? ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Which came first

I've always found applied math interesting and excelled over my classmates in it, from a fairly early age. I recall riding the school bus and being bo...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Hello from NY

Nate The Surveyor, post: 345216, member: 291 wrote: you are liable to get an answer I'm not sure when was the last time I saw "AN" answer. You usual...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Vertical Reference Frames

I'm interested in how water will behave between these two points Then technically you need Dynamic Heights, although unless you are working on a very...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Texas Punishes Violators for failure to note ID caps on plat/description

the registrants themselves provided the evidence that they had violated the law requiring them to set markers with professional identication when they...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: What constitutes good field notes?

Everything that you or anyone else will ever want to look up in that book because they can't find it elsewhere or it's too hard to find elsewhere. Go...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Removing another Surveyor's monuments

teffinger, post: 344494, member: 2642 wrote: as far as 10' ... 4' away from the pins I set in 1971 What went wrong in 1971? Four or ten feet on tow...

11 years ago
Page 357 / 501