Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: September 28, 2026 9:42 am
Kent McMillan, post: 365545, member: 3 wrote: the fence post itself should be an identifiable object, not merely "whatever fence post is in the vicini...
I think the theory says you will get better agreement (assuming the difference is even significant) by using grid azimuths. If you shoot an astro azim...
The assumption in the sqrt fpormula is that the errors are independent. If you measure the angle many times with the same centering error and using t...
"I could survey with a banjo if necessary." ~ TDD The fact that a tape was the primary means of measurement is irrelevant without more information abo...
rfc, post: 365402, member: 8882 wrote: need to observe angles B and C each 1.414 times the number of observations at A No you would need twice the ob...
The anchor is in and well away from the corner iron. I did put a very short stick with a note in a plastic bag by it. I happened to be there when a ...
Starnet will answer that for you if you run some examples. Off the top of my head Id guess you need twice the usul number of observations at each of...
Even when you get a wonderful closure it may be that you had compensating errors along the way and many of thhe points are futher off than your closur...
I got a message today saying the Corps of Engineers newsletter for Surveying and Mapping Community of Practice linked this thread, thanked us for clar...