AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: September 27, 2026 5:17 pm
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9710
Reply
RE: Terminology: Brass Cap vs. Brass Disk

Well, the major constituent of steel is iron, so the term isn't totally wrong.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Terminology: Brass Cap vs. Brass Disk

Jim Frame, post: 398033, member: 10 wrote: And many of them aren't brass, they're bronze. I suspect the vast majority are bronze rather than brass. ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Terminology: Brass Cap vs. Brass Disk

And older notes may call the disk a "Tablet".

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Least squares and boundary monuments

Jim in AZ, post: 397879, member: 249 wrote: I would recommend "Transform" by Primacode. I think just holding a point and bearing is what you should d...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Would this constitute land surveying?

I like the responses you've gotten. The problem with his requested layout is that his original property is not going to be a nice exact multiple of 1...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: ELEVATION CERTIFICATE DATUM??

If the bm has an NGS data sheet there is probably an NGVD29 value listed under SUPERCEDED down in the middle of the sheet.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Excerpt from the Michigan Engineers Annual of 1899 (A surveyor's recollection)

paden cash, post: 397018, member: 20 wrote: the only other human that may have had a copy of thisYou can buy a reprint from Amazon and other sources,o...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Old blueprint machine

I don't know what other chemicals might be used in this application besides the ammonia, but note that farmers put tons of ammonia into their fields a...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Monuments vs Record

Stephen Ward, post: 396338, member: 1206 wrote: I was on the azimuth mark. The point I'd thought I was on was about 25 feet further south To be pedan...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Advice for penetrating New England dirt needed

Nate The Surveyor, post: 396620, member: 291 wrote: install a COORS station [SARCASM]Well, a supply of COORS brew might make you more relaxed about t...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Computing Combined Factors

CORPSCON 6 from the Corps of Engineers does it correctly so long as you select NAVD88 as the output vertical datum to avoid a bug. It always computes...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Nice find!

When I'm bench mark hunting I use orange handle screwdrivers as chaining pins and deadman pin. Easy to find later.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Question on section lines

I agree with Paden, and will elaborate a bit, although I'm not an LS.A section is most often an 8-sided figure, with half-mile straight lines, not mil...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: 'Retiring' from surveying is proving to be difficult for me

RPlumb314, post: 395463, member: 6313 wrote: Never attended a writers' group myself. People have told me they're not bad. It's probably a matter of in...

10 years ago
Page 326 / 501