AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bell531
bell531
@bell531
Free
Joined: October 2, 2013 1:57 pm
Last seen: July 12, 2026 10:00 pm
Topics: 6 / Replies: 16
Reply
RE: Let's Talk Prisms

My set-up has Sokkia Prisms and I have never liked the Standard -30mm Sokkia type. I would like to know why this was so prevalent. I previously had Le...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon GT Series Robotic Instrument - looking for reviews

My take on Topcon, I like their hardware it does what it says. I have had no issues in over a year I downloaded the firmware upgrade and it improved t...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: New Methods for Invert Measurement

I sometimes use a digital spirit level and a standard staff, however a short spirit level (600mm) is best so it can lay parallel to the staff and not ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Magnet Office CAD engine.

Hi zammo, Interesting I had a quick google for Surveymaster. I can easily believe that with a name like civilcad there might be more than one product...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Magnet Office CAD engine.

@leegreen Thanks Lee, If I find out the answer i'll tell you. One up side of an entirely subscription based software is that if I decided change it ...

6 years ago
Topic
Replies: 4
Views: 1124
Reply
RE: New Magnet User

Hi Mapper6683, I was reading your post about Magnet Quick Codes and how much you love them. I have tried them and think it could be better. See what...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Move or Copy in Magnet Field

@leegreen Thanks Lee. On reflection Copy would be used much less than Move but I can distinctly remember using it for something. Every so often eithe...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Move or Copy in Magnet Field

@leegreen I'm just testing my software with a scenario or two I can recall from having to perform on site. Apart from the unresolved copy I can live ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Move or Copy in Magnet Field

@dmyhill Thanks for that, you managed to get a big smile out of me. I'm not sure if its good news or bad, personally I feel as if i'm in Munchkin tow...

7 years ago
Topic
Replies: 6
Views: 1096
Reply
RE: What do you call a "Pass through" cul de sac?

@nate-the-surveyor I would say Turning Bay.

7 years ago
Topic
Replies: 1
Views: 731
Reply
RE: Magnet Field Import DXF lines

The other reason I think I will have to take files out of Magnet Field is I don't think I can delete internal triangles. Example i'm working on is a r...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Magnet Field Import DXF lines

I do only have Magnet Field. I don't have much requirements for all the features of a full survey office package. It is mainly for surface to surface ...

7 years ago
Topic
Replies: 9
Views: 3818
Topic
Replies: 0
Views: 1083
Reply
RE: Magnet Field

Thanks for all your input, there's some interesting stuff for me to investigate there. My preference for videos available on YouTube stems from my exp...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Magnet Field

@beuckie I agree with you about it not feeling intuitive but I can get used to that. One example I am getting my head round is the Exchange From Fil...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Magnet Field

@kharshbarger Yay. Thanks so much for you help. I was nowhere near that solution. I am gradually getting to like Magnet. Moving from Carlson SurvCE ...

7 years ago
Page 1 / 2