AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
Andrew Clark
Andrew Clark
@andrew-clark
Free
Joined: October 2, 2015 1:33 pm
Topics: 7 / Replies: 52
Reply
RE: Best Procedure for Surveying UAS Targets for High Accuracy

The Geomatics Department at the University of New Mexico did a study along these lines a few years ago. They might be a good resource for you.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Iphone 12 has LIDAR

I recently received an email from Pix4D advertising a software package designed to be used with the iPhone scanner to collect and build a working poin...

6 years ago
Topic
Topic
Replies: 7
Views: 494
Reply
RE: NSPS just put out their position on Surveying as Essential

In Arizona, AZPLS sent a version of this letter, provided by NSPS, to our governor. But then again, with our governor in might not make any difference...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Contractor Machine Control Use/Misuse

What concerns me is who is building the surface that these guys are using? Most of the time, it's just some guy with little to no experience with surv...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Finally had a chance to hear Jeff Lucas

What gets me, is when the BLM can't agree with itself and has set multiple 16th corners, 5 to 10 feet apart (then not bother to record anything about ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson BRx6+

@ladd-nelson I didn't have that option in the configure screen. It was found under the GPS Rover Settings, Advanced tab. Support was quite helpful. &...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Eye Glasses vs Contact Lenses

@rochs01 My left eye got stronger from looking through the total station lens all the time when I was an IO. At least that was the notion the eye doc ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson BRx6+

@frank-willis Where do you set that at? We try to do a 3 epoch average on our topo shots, but it doesn't seem to catch the problem.  

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson BRx6+

@toivo1037 I wish it were that simple. My DC is set to only accept a fix solution. Usually the elevation bust or horizontal bust is so bad it stands ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson BRx6+

I've discovered similar things. What amazes me is the ability to get these amazingly tight floats, RMS figures almost identical to 'fix' figures. Wha...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: You WISH your county was this hip....

We're kind of spoiled in Southern AZ... although some counties are better than others...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: SurvCE - Export Without Localization

I'm about to have to do this myself with SurvCE. What I do is go into the localization menu and turn off your horizontal and vertical control, let Sur...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Point cloud processing computer help

Look at a computer setup for hard-core graphics computer games - fast processor (i7 will work fine and it's cheaper), lots of RAM on the graphics card...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Windows 7 -> Window 10: Time for a new computer

You could just upgrade from Windows 7 to 10. You can buy a cheap upgrade version off of ebay. Microsoft is still offering the upgrade for free (provid...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Another new GPS system thread- Geomax, Trimble, Igage,etc

We recently got the "Carlson" (it's the Hemisphere re-brand for the US market) branded GPS units. They work great (even in some tree cover and near bu...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: RE: Robotic Total Station

I rented a Geomax reflector-less robotic total station a few weeks back for a project. Great total station. The Geomax is basically the Chinese knock-...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: GNSS Issues October 1 2019

I was having some issues this morning getting a fix, of any kind (when it did fix, it was a poor fix). I should note that I have the Carlson BRx6+ GPS...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Just Got My License! ......Stamps?

Congrats! There are a number of places online that you can order from that will make a state compliant rubber stamp for your purposes, look into acorn...

7 years ago
Page 1 / 3