AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
2xcntr
2xcntr
@2xcntr
Free
Joined: August 31, 2010 10:45 am
Last seen: April 9, 2026 12:47 pm
Topics: 22 / Replies: 360
Reply
RE: Upper Peninsula Surveying

Welcome. My first trip to the UP was on a ferry with my family many years ago. Then came Big Mac and we could drive. The years went by and after ro...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: K&E transit repair

I happen to have one of those. If you will send me an address, I will get it to you. I will also include the screws.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: K&E transit repair

Don't know what you are trying to do, but to further take this apart you must remove the four machine screws from the inside ring. Using gunsmith...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Anyone Remember the 1977-80 AGA Geodimeter 12A - EDM?

I have some old Geodimeters. A 112, 120, 122 and a couple 220s. They mostly have side power inputs. In all I have 6 of these and some are near new. Ha...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Vintage instruments

Dumpy level, tripod, Astron. I would start at $275... no more. These are not highly collectable instruments. BTW, before you do the deal, make sure th...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Hotel Fun

Stayed several weeks at "Bruno's Country Club" in Gerlach Nevada back in the 1970s. I could fill many pages with the adventures our crew had in and a...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Collectors: please help me price a Gurley

The serial number indicates manufacture in 1941. Most likely a was a military instrument. These are not very sought after. The tripod is probably a 3 ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: How to describe trees with "two or more trunks"

@bobwesterman ?ÿ Umm, not where I went to school.... Nate has it correct. ?ÿ IMHOTI

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Did you know?

@loyal ?ÿ ?ÿ Pronghorn will do almost anything to avoid jumping a fence. I have seen a lineup of hundreds wait patiently to cross under a page wire...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Clown's to the left of me,

@nate-the-surveyor Well put.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Clown's to the left of me,

Maybe it's the day it is... but somehow I thought Angel would have to flag this post for wandering into the political.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Some museum must be missing this

BTW Bill93... this could be a way to make your photo legitimate. If you know what I mean!!

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Some museum must be missing this

@bill93 It's probably legit. It is the practice of museums and collections to dispose of their least appreciated pieces while they are worth somethin...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Old Transit

@jt50   Yes, I see your point, I guess. However, the $6000 level I saw is a Leica. Most collectors would consider that instrument a contemporar...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Old Transit

@jt50Please, please oh please old transit xpert. Just what are these fabulous instruments you refer to? I mean, I'm?ÿ sure many are wondering just wh...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Beginner Equipment

Without going into too much detail, I am suggesting you lay out an equally spaced grid marked on the ground with stakes or pin flags. The grid points ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Burning Man

Years before there was a Burning Man, I was PC on a crew surveying the AT&T Coax 22 project across the Black Rock and Smoke Creek deserts. Stayed ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Measuring power line sags.

You said you are working on a powerline where you staked the poles. To me, that means new construction. Therefore no current is running through the li...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: For New Jersey collectors

I watched that listing for some time. As I recall, he had it at $200 then $175. It truly was a cherry.?ÿ Sad part of the listing was that it was his d...

7 years ago
Page 1 / 20