AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all

TRIMBLE ACU NOT CONNECTING TO TRIMBLE 5503 TOTAL STATION

7 Posts
3 Users
3 Reactions
2,478 Views
vitexglenn
(@vitexglenn)
Posts: 8
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

HI. MY INSTRUMENT WAS NOT USED FOR ABOUT 5 MONTHS, THEN THIS PROBLEM CAME. THE SURVEY CONTOLLER ON THE ACU IS NOT CONNECTING TO THE TOTAL STATION. WHAT MAYBE THE POSSIBLE PROBLEM OF SOLUTION. THANK YOU.


 
Posted : October 4, 2025 11:00 pm
OleManRiver
(@olemanriver)
Posts: 2763
Member P&R, Founder
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Oh man it has been a very long time since I seen this so here is what little items I can remember that might help but not guaranteed.  Take the cu off. Get an old # 2 pencil and use the eraser on the small brass bronze looking connectors gently erasing. Could be a simple connector issue. Do both on the instrument and cu.  If you can get the cu to power on write down your codes and such version of survey controller software then try reloading it if Trimble still has that on the web somewhere.  

I would recommend contacting your dealer and see if they can help in anyway. For some reason I remember an internal battery in the cu and that might need chant I think that might require a dealer and static mat. I know the instrument has one and if that goes getting the firmware for the instrument is not as easy to find. Those were good solid instruments unfortunately the support for them has long passes I believe. Good luck. 


 
Posted : October 5, 2025 11:27 am
1
vitexglenn
(@vitexglenn)
Posts: 8
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

@olemanriver i try the service center but they refuse to look at it, they say the support has been terminated long ago. they are more interested on convincing me to buy new model than to even look at my instrument. i try cleaning  the 7 pin at the back of the ACU and the instrument but same. some people say maybe the battery on the 5503 unit died.


 
Posted : October 6, 2025 9:33 pm
firestix
(@firestix)
Posts: 301
Member
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Try these guys here in NC.   This is were I ship my 5603 every 2 years to have the internal battery replaced.  Great people, great service.
https://www.transitandlevel.com/


 
Posted : October 8, 2025 11:05 am
1
OleManRiver
(@olemanriver)
Posts: 2763
Member P&R, Founder
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Posted by: @vitexglenn
↑

@olemanriver i try the service center but they refuse to look at it, they say the support has been terminated long ago. they are more interested on convincing me to buy new model than to even look at my instrument. i try cleaning  the 7 pin at the back of the ACU and the instrument but same. some people say maybe the battery on the 5503 unit died.

 

yeah they want to sell for sure. The internal battery in 5603 could need replacing. You need to find a Trimble dealer with an old long term employee that knows those old out dated models and they can fix it. The new folks can barely adjust a tribrach. The dealerships hire folks and after a few weeks of training they are in the loop. They only train on the new current equipment. An old school guy can help. Where one is I can’t help there anymore. I use to know one he was awesome but he slowly moved away and retired. 

 


 
Posted : October 8, 2025 7:31 pm

vitexglenn
(@vitexglenn)
Posts: 8
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

@firestix thanks. right now im here in qatar


 
Posted : October 14, 2025 11:30 pm
OleManRiver
(@olemanriver)
Posts: 2763
Member P&R, Founder
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Qatar. Geezers. I have done work near there. I fried a 5601 in that area from the heat. I mean it over heated and was a big paper weight because it got so hot. I hope you can find some one lose by to help you remedy your problem for sure. 


 
Posted : October 21, 2025 7:15 pm
1