Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
I have an older Topcon 8205a robot with the RC-2 remote. bluetooth quit working a long time ago so we cannect dc with a cable but lately the I can only get the instrument to find me up to about 250 ft. any suggestions? The instrument is in good shape otherwise.
When you say find you at 250 feet, do you mean it won't track you farther than 250 feet, or you loose communication at 250 feet?
I have basically the same robot setup (GPT8005A), and I use the parani sd1000 radios. I plug one into an instrument cable and plug it into the robot, and I plug the second radio directly into the data collector.
I have the same setup, but I am not aware of anything that works with bluetooth on the 8205a.
However I came across some bad batteries in the rc2 and it wouldn't find me. I use bantam radios from Hayes for communications and they work great for me.
^ Yeah. You'd have to give a little more information. If it is tracking it could be -tracker going out, weak instrument battery, dirty lenses, weak RC Battery, RC going bad. If it is communication you can probably fix it just by adding the Parani's someone was talking about above.
Recently I purchased a used GPT-8205A robotic total station from a dealer in Europe. The package came with the Topcon GPT-8205A total station, a Topcon FC-250 data collector with TopSurv V.8 (Robotics + GPS modules), a RC-2RW remote and all the charges and associated cables & batteries. Everything appears to be very clean and well cared for. Initially, I set the total station up in the yard and connected it in conventional mode via a cable to the FC-250. I tested the prism mode, short range reflectorless laser & the long range laser. All passed with flying colors. The robotic tracks fine as you walk around. I then set the gun to RC mode. I pressed the yellow circle at the top of the RC unit at the rod and the gun immediately turned 180+- degrees and locked on to the prism. The laser lights flickered both at the gun and the RC unit at the rod. While this is going on I am watching the FC-250 screen while in the "Remote Control" menu. There is a little blue horizontal bar that comes up at the top left of the screen. As the seconds go by little singular tabs start populating from left to right within the blue horizontal bar. It gets near about the half way mark when the FC-250 pops up an error message "Can't connect to the Total Station" and it starts all over again???? Initially I thought the European dealer might have sent me a faulty RC and one of the ports may be bad at the RC unit. The dealer sent me another very clean RC-2RII unit just yesterday and its still doing the same exact think?? I can't seem to find within the FC-250 windows or within the program where I can actually check or change the communication settings at the 9-pin port on the Topcon FC-250. I think the RC and the data collector are not communicating together correctly or not at all? Any ideas?????