AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all

Reviving an old TCR1105

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
479 Views
tonyduky
(@tonyduky)
Posts: 47
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Hi guys,

 

for an upcoming low/no budget archeological mission in the himalayas I might get my hands on a Leica TCR1105.

I'm familiar with old leica ts but not this model in particular.

As i understand it's a robotic one? I can't find the user manual anywhere on online...

The last time this instrument was used was 15 years ago... so i expect the batteries to be dead.

I'm planning on send this ts to revision before the mission starts.

With instruments sleeping for that period of time what problems can i expect? Will leica be able to check everything during maintenance? The "robotic" side of it is pretty scary regarding the number of things that can go wrong with rough transport (plane + offroad 4x4).

Also the external controller is missing. I suppose it's possible to use this ts without it like a non robotic ts?

Please let me know your pro thoughts .

Thanks a lot!

 


 
Posted : June 29, 2023 4:34 am