AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all

Leica TCRP 1201 doesn't lock on distances above 450'

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
530 Views
lsitnj
(@lsitnj)
Posts: 268
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

I noticed that my 1201 doesn't lock on distances longer than 450'. I read the post some time ago (can't find it now) and someone mentioned about the mechanism failure in the instrument. What's causing this?


 
Posted : March 6, 2016 8:28 am
cwlawley
(@cwlawley)
Posts: 372
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

This could be something very simple like low emitter power or a focusing issue on the ATR to something much larger like the ATR camera going bad, hard to guess there.

I had a customer once that had a problem similar. We found it to be a corrupt CF card left in the side of the instrument. Very unusual but when we removed it, the ATR started working perfectly.

If I can help point you in the direction of a good repair center in your area just message me. Happy to help.


 
Posted : March 6, 2016 10:58 pm
lsitnj
(@lsitnj)
Posts: 268
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

cwlawley,

Thanks for this. I live in New Jersey. Who would you recommend? The worst case scenario, if it's ATR camera... how much it will cost? I wasn't able to shoot the distance also.


 
Posted : March 7, 2016 6:23 am