Trimble Business Center — Produce final deliverables in one workspace. Start free trial.

AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all

Designjet T120

6 Posts
6 Users
0 Reactions
1,232 Views
nate-the-surveyor
(@nate-the-surveyor)
Posts: 10538
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

I pulled the trigger today on a new designjet t120.

I just found out hp now uses inkjet cartridge expiration dates. But, depending on the model, it can do a number of things.

Inkjet expires, and simply stops printing.

Inkjet expires, and warns you. But, keeps going.

Inkjet expires, stops, and you can over ride it.

Or some mix and match of the above, or such like.

How does a t120 behave, with expired cartridges?

Any other comments?

Nate


 
Posted : March 26, 2019 1:28 pm
ken-salzmann
(@ken-salzmann)
Posts: 634
Member Founder
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Hi Nate

You may not have to worry.?ÿ I replaced my HP 500 with the a?ÿ T120 about 2 years ago.?ÿ I do not print my maps in color, and the black cartridge lasts about 6 months.?ÿ After 2 years, I got to replace the color cartridges too, and while I did a few color prints over that time, but most of the ink was used up just cleaning the heads. I see it as part of the cost of running the printer; don't let it eat you up. I have had no expiration date issues.

I have found the T120 to be faster and quieter that the 500.?ÿ I just use rolled paper, and once in a while the paper can be tricky to load, but for the most part, is easy to load.

After lots of shopping around, I found Staples has the best deals on rolled paper.

Hope that helps.

Ken

?ÿ

?ÿ

?ÿ


 
Posted : March 26, 2019 2:16 pm
sergeant-schultz
(@sergeant-schultz)
Posts: 957
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Good luck with that.....................


 
Posted : March 26, 2019 2:39 pm
Skeeter1996
(@skeeter1996)
Posts: 1333
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

HP just lost a Class Action Suite regarding the inkjet cartridges issue. Sounds like they have to pay consumers $150 award and a $100 discount on a new plotter. Whoopee. ???? 


 
Posted : March 26, 2019 4:30 pm
lakehouse21
(@lakehouse21)
Posts: 54
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Bought this same model 5 years ago. If it dies tomorrow I would say I got more then my monies worth from it. Always used HP ink and cleaned it once a year with a little rubbing alcohol.


 
Posted : March 27, 2019 7:06 am

mattsib79
(@mattsib79)
Posts: 376
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

I bought one 2 years ago and have not regretted it at all.?ÿ


 
Posted : March 27, 2019 8:34 am