Trimble Business Center — Produce final deliverables in one workspace. Start free trial.

AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all

Carlson 2018 Template Creation

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
1,044 Views
back-chain
(@back-chain)
Posts: 468
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Having been Carlson only for around 2 years, I am pretty happy with my latest project (small survey> engineering projects) and I want to create a template from that drawing.

Easily did a 'save_as' to .dwt.

??ÿ How do I dissociate the crd> points> surfaces> profiles> etc. (files and file locations) that are a relic from the project that I 'saved as'?

End game: Create a new project from the template and have all my borders, layers , colors linetypes, tabs ready to go. Then, when I begin to import field data, I am able to assign the new file/ location in accordance with protocol (job specific folders)? No connection to the project that was used to create the template.

Thanks in advance,


 
Posted : November 1, 2018 11:38 am
ladd-nelson
(@ladd-nelson)
Posts: 738
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Presuming you have entities (e.g. points, surfaces, profiles, etc) that you wish to have remain in the DWT file for one purpose or another, the routine you'd explore would be the File -- Drawing Utilities -- Remove XData?ÿcommand. Of course, erasing said entities from the DWT would also remove the XData as well. For me, I'm actually a fan of the Layer Library which allows some (or all) of your layers to be housed external to your DWT file with the predetermined color, linetype, lineweight, etc, that would be loaded into the drawing as Carlson commands call for them. This helps keep the bloat of your DWT layer size down.

I hope this information helps.


 
Posted : November 1, 2018 4:53 pm
back-chain
(@back-chain)
Posts: 468
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

@ladd-nelson

Thanks for the response ?ÿI tried tI reply?ÿ?ÿbut the site choked and lost the message.?ÿ

Havenƒ??t used or heard of remove xdata. Now, not sure if my question points toward my goal or not. Will give it a try.?ÿ

If new template dies, Iƒ??ll just try something else.?ÿ


 
Posted : November 6, 2018 2:24 pm