Trimble Business Center — Have confidence in your data. Start free trial.

AI Assistant
Usage Report iSavi,...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Usage Report iSavi, TPLink Router, Intuicom Bridge and Leica 1200

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
946 Views
shelby-h-griggs-pls
(@shelby-h-griggs-pls)
Posts: 939
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Update after some usage.

The past two weeks I started working on a wide area post ID photo control collection, so far I have measured 13/20 points in five days of actual field work covering an area approximately 110 miles N-S and 90 miles E-W, remote areas inside the ORGN here in Oregon, BUT mostly outside of cell coverage. The 2.6 points/day may seem low production until you realize the distance between points, I need to check my mileage, but I believe it is around 1200 miles of driving to get those 13 points, 30 miles on gravel roads. Yesterday I ended collection 92 miles from home with a two lane road back home, some of it slow going. I have used the iSavi to connect to the internet on all but a couple of these points. The result is I have measured two five minute occupations of each point with the RTN.

Advantages:

Two shorter occupations vs longer occupations for OPUS (with sparse CORS coverage in NGS database in this area at least, 30 minutes minimum is needed for OPUS-RS if you want to be assured of a solution)

QC check in real time (important when the drive is long)

Availability of GLONASS in the solution

Reduced office processing time

Disadvantages:

Initial hardware purchase

Ongoing air time charges.

I will get a better feel for the airtime costs as I get bills, BUT my guess is around $5/each point for the 10 minutes of data now that I have some experience. At first I was burning a lot more air time learning the system, getting a few bugs worked out on procedure, etc. I am hoping the entire 20 point collection will come in under $400, even at $20/point it is a bargain as I am saving around an hour of time per point which of course is way more than $20.

So far happy, basically what this means is that anyplace inside a RTN coverage area I have a solution regardless of cell phone coverage (assuming I have a clear view to the Inmarsat satellite over the equator, around 140 degrees in azimuth at an elevation of around 30 degrees above horizon here in Central Oregon, there MUST be a direct clear line of sight!)

SHG


 
Posted : July 28, 2018 11:29 am