AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
toeknee
toeknee
@toeknee
Free
Joined: August 8, 2022 6:40 am
Topics: 5 / Replies: 66
Reply
RE: Carlson SurvPC

The moment you connect the GPS receiver to SurvPC, it could know from the coordinates if it’s in North America or not. I’m not sure if this is what C...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Cable management and protection

What Kris said. Unless Trimble does something nonstandard, you probably want an NMO (“New Motorola”) antenna mount with a TNC connector for the RF cab...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon SRL-35 vs Satel Easy Pro 35

@pwkirk05 Thank you for the maintenance mode password. Using it allowed me to set my callsign id and frequencies to match my license privileges. Yo...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon SRL-35 vs Satel Easy Pro 35

@pwkirk05 Thank you for the maintenance mode password, appreciate it! It worked perfectly and I was able to setup my id callsign and frequencies to ma...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Legacy GPS

If you are careful, you can use a plaintext editor (I use notepad++) to fix the dates. The format of the RINEX files is very specific so you need to ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon SRL-35 vs Satel Easy Pro 35

I have the same question as (4) - can I load the Satel TA18 firmware into the Topcon SRL-35? The Topcon is clearly a rebadged Satel TA18, but with str...

2 years ago
Topic
Replies: 14
Views: 2724
Reply
RE: RTCM 3.MSM with a trimble base and rover "waiting for information from the base"

Search the web for “waiting for information from the base”. There are many posts about Trimble rovers waiting for specific RTCM messages from the b...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Celestial Ephemerides Options for Sun and Polaris

The Stellarium app (Windows, Mac, Linux, phone, web) will provide ephemeris for most of the celestial objects (over 600,000).

3 years ago
Reply
RE: KML Import&Export, Carlson Survey, NAD83 vs WGS84

Carlson support confirmed that they are not converting to IRTF when exporting to KML/KMZ (File->Export->Google Earth). And likewise they are no...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Odd things you find while surveying

It’s crazy we can get a whole set for $19, but just one costs $5.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble 5700 / R7 date log file is 2004, not 2023. how to set receiver time and date?

One easy solution is to convert the file to rinex and change the date there using a text editor (not a word processor). This will most likely work...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: KML Import&Export, Carlson Survey, NAD83 vs WGS84

@rover83 Thanks, based on your post I’m already trying those parameters. Appreciate that. @chris-bouffard Yes, good idea. I will do so.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: GNSS radio + number of satellite issue

@mark-silver has provided much very useful information on YouTube and his website. Using a handheld UHF transceiver to debug radio problems: ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: KML Import&Export, Carlson Survey, NAD83 vs WGS84

Hey thanks @jim.cox, that's good information about ESPG:3857. I didn't realize that there is a "Web Mercator" projection that Google, Bing, etc. use ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Adjoining Deed References Wrong Property

@dave-o When I click on the property card info it lists the previous owners. The only previous owner shown on the property card is the person who curr...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Adjoining Deed References Wrong Property

I'm up to three times I've had to be the one to explain to a landowner that the lot their real estate agent sold them was not the beautiful view lot t...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Recognizing Outstanding Service

I’ve never communicated with Mark, but his website and YouTube videos have been very educational and helpful. Thanks Mark!

3 years ago
Reply
RE: SurvPC Store Points

I’ve always just assumed it doesn’t calculate the NEZ coordinates until you save the point. I’m going to make a guess, because the gear is all put a...

3 years ago
Page 1 / 4