AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
tnrls
tnrls
@tnrls
Free
Joined: September 14, 2018 7:30 pm
Topics: 1 / Replies: 28
Reply
RE: When the neighbor calls......

I guess it depends on what you want your reputation to be. The word "professional" should mean something. Of course there will be those people that an...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Property line and construction staking with a robotic

The first comment is spot on. As with any use of a prism pole, rod bubble calibration and discipline is critical. You can also eliminate prism error b...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Propagating error from a GPS localization/site calibration

@hicals Most software I've had experience with does a few things during a "localization or calibration". They apply a unique scale, rotation and tran...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Civil3d For Cadastral Drafting

I used C3D for about two years and hated every time I used it for any survey work. Design, I loved it, but I strongly recommend looking into Carlson S...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: HELP, Topcon Rod Level Bubble Screw type?

Ok, first, it is a pluming device, not a "level". Second, you're screwed, sorry to say but the mount the bubble is in that attaches to the rod will ne...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Stamped PDFs

I can only speak for TN. You would need to check with your governing board. But here, it is fine. The document must be "secured" though. The process I...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: U.S. Survey Foot Scheduled to Die of Natural Causes in 2022

I can't for the life of me understand why they would want to change it and not finally match the rest of the world using the meter.?ÿ

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Advice from someone smarter than me.

After 24 years of conducting field work I can say IMO, measuring direct and reverse is 100x more important than anything as long as the instrument is ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS Software

I love using the OPUS project manager option. You have to go through their course one way or the other but it is awesome independent multi-solution, l...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Another Surveyor wants my CAD file to copy...

People share data, it is 2019. Have them sign a release of liability and move on. Most clients around here are putting electronic data into the contra...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble Survey Controller Grid to Ground

First, are you matching into someone else's data or setting your own? Where did you get your scale factor from? Most determine this by setting a initi...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: New scale factor

I'd strongly recommend studying up on geodetic control methods. You're overall results when done properly on a project of this size will be far superi...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble Access Geoid File and Shift Grid

Are you creating a new job each day? You should have a point stored as your base and just set it up on that. Not sure why you would key it in more tha...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson SurvPC/CE & Sokkia Robotic

I used Carlson for a number of years with a number of brands. I feel they have some of the best features on a DC unit, however, they are some of the "...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: RTK Offset Shots

I've done the same. I usually try to do a third at 45?ø as well when it is a monument or a more important shot than just a topo shot. It has proven to...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey Methods, Myth ?

The Topcon Hiper V told you to always face the panel North. Some receivers are weird like that. But I think it is all nonsense due to their accuracy a...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey Methods, Myth ?

The Topcon Hiper V told you to always face the panel North. Some receivers are weird like that. But I think it is all nonsense due to their accuracy a...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Regulation and Ethics question

Make no mistake, it doesn't make me feel good or look good in others view. It is the reason I posted to get opinion. My situation has been resolved by...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Regulation and Ethics question

They are old and outdated, but they also include that many of the things it covers is at the discretion of the surveyor as long as the process is foll...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Regulation and Ethics question

All good comments,but an ethics violation and a violation of regulation or "negligent", are two different things. And legally the one who stamps a sur...

8 years ago
Page 1 / 2