AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
rj-schneider
rj-schneider
@rj-schneider
Free
Joined: July 17, 2010 7:44 pm
Topics: 151 / Replies: 2629
Reply
RE: Testing Centering Accuracy of Prism/Target

"I think that Kevin meant the errors from the tilting or trunnion axis of the instrument being non-perpendicular to the spindle. As long as the instru...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Testing Centering Accuracy of Prism/Target

If you're worried about the deviation from the horizontal as you ascend/descend the vertical scale, you might try backing off the arbitrary 6' distanc...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Single Boundary Line Survey

No, she doesn't....I would think she doesThe description of her property has now changed with the advent of this new claim, and filing this for record...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Title Policies - general question

"A Title Company will issue a Title Commitment prior to the survey."(forehead slap) Thanks A.Harris. I don't know where my head went to, i've seen ple...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Contaminated equipment

Man! Thats scarier than hell. Arsenic trioxide

12 years ago
Topic
Replies: 7
Views: 996
Reply
RE: Instrument carry

Back in '91 I dropped my first and last instrument. Red Mini off the top mounts of Sokkisha theodolite.I will carry an instrument on the shoulder. It ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: We have GPS

"Help was declined with the comment - 'We have GPS"[sarcasm]Yeah...so did Malaysian Airways flight MH370 [/sarcasm]

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble Rant: On

"The Trimble 5603, which is mid '90s technology, being a rebranded Geodimeter, did not have a permanent faceplate. So not having one is not a new deve...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble Rant: On

I got to run one S6 for a time and it struck me that it didn't have a faceplate.Do these instruments come with a faceplate / is this another extra ?Ha...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: What qualities make for a good surveyor

"Epistemic modesty"[sarcasm]I disagree, adamantly, i'm not sure why but, if you give me a minute, i'll make something up. [/sarcasm]

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Which Button Do I Push to Calc These? Help!

"Well, the fact that the map has a scale of 1 inch = 40 chains is a pretty good clue as to units."I'm amazed they were able to print the calculated ac...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Which Button Do I Push to Calc These? Help!

I suppose the four pole chain theory would sound right. If i'm not mistaken pre-Republic instruction for surveying included a vara equal to three geom...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Kukri

A few tips on KukrisAnd not to be the perennial bummer, but after all that, wouldn't it just be easier to purchase a decent machete ?

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Problem 3

As a quick observation, the legs of your figure in Problem 3 are considerably longer than the legs of the figures in the first two problems.

12 years ago
Page 103 / 139