AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
rich-roberge
rich-roberge
@rich-roberge
Member Founder
Joined: July 2, 2010 7:03 am
Last seen: September 28, 2026 4:17 pm
Topics: 9 / Replies: 95
Reply
RE: Who knows how much weight they haul in their trucks?

@mightymoe Way back in the 80's I was working for a big, multi-office firm that covered the northeast. On two jobs, one a 10,000 acre boundary in Main...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Who knows how much weight they haul in their trucks?

@350rocketmike Yeah, but you don't need everything all the time. When I'm doing a job that needs stakes, I'll get some stakes out of storage and put t...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Who knows how much weight they haul in their trucks?

I survey out of this: I've got my Dutch Hill tripod, prism pole & bipod, 25' Hixon, toolbox, shovel, 3' grade stakes, clothes, junk, AND my Focu...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Yesterdays Office

@holy-cow They need to justify the enormous cost of their product. I went with Carlson/IntelliCad years ago and never looked back.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Price shoppers

They often leave little hints that let me know they're shopping: "I just need one line surveyed", or "it should be very simple (easy) to survey it." I...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: funny names for small measurements

And everyone's favorite, "left (or right) an RCH!"

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Land Surveying Issues

@jonathan50 Which part?

5 years ago
Reply
RE: RPLS Washington State

@shelby-h-griggs-pls I'm 68 now, and hope to work 'til I'm at least 75. By then I'll probably have 2 new knees to go with the two new hips I've gotten...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Faster than the speed of light.....

@mathteacher Oh man, that's heavy....

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Selling My Nikon Nivo 1C

BUMP! Getting so busy I had to get another Focus 35, so the Nikon really has to go now: $5,000.00.

5 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Ring Ring

@oldpacer Client: How much to survey my lot? Me: I'm estimating about $1500. Client: Wow, that's a lot! How about if I help? Me: Oh, well, if you ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Selling My Nikon Nivo 1C

@richard-imrie: Thanks! ?ÿ

6 years ago
Forum
Topic
Forum
Replies: 7
Views: 565
Reply
RE: Missing the old days

I started full time in '72 after doing it for the summer of '70. I don't miss then, but I sure miss being young, strong, a full head of hair, and bein...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Hello, good way to start 2021

@bugg Welcome! It would be great to see some pictures of your field work.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Ethics Question - Hiring RPLS to Sign Reports

"...and am quite capable of performing the simple survey-related services mentioned above." What could possibly go wrong?

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Riddle me this

@bill93 Mark Silver of iGage provides a small hand held radio with each sale for just that purpose. It's so rural where I am I never used it but I can...

6 years ago
Page 2 / 6