AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
out-of-level
out-of-level
@out-of-level
Free
Joined: August 13, 2015 12:15 pm
Last seen: July 16, 2026 5:28 pm
Topics: 4 / Replies: 22
Reply
RE: How NOT TO run a survey office.

Purely curiosity here: Do you have a consulting gig just reviewing completed surveys? The way you phrase things makes it seem your not involved until ...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: The Old and The New

@jim-frame Fine tune adjustment knobs for a bipod!!?! I've designed something similar (in my head only) many times over, and the version in my head ne...

6 months ago
Topic
7 months ago
Replies: 1
Views: 1704
Reply
RE: L1 phase center or average L1+L2 for Antenna Calibration? (CGO2/landstar8/igage)

@sergeant-schultz yes of course, they are always quick to help. I talked with John before posting. His initial suggestion was to ensure I was on the l...

7 months ago
Reply
RE: Water Frontage?

Doesn't the realtor make up a number and then walk away with their bag o'cash, leaving us to be the bearer of bad news down the road?

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Your state land surveying organization newsletters

MAINE: msls.org click "latest fieldnotes issue" along right side menu

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Preferred Plat Font

Scan quality of the original hardcopy seems to be equally contributing as the font size. I subscribe to never having text height smaller than .08"

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Mini Tripods

@jim-frame $33 with 2 spirit vial levels. Seems like the type of product I'd be willing to buy from them (with some testing to confirm it's centeri...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: CAD Northing-Easting Values

"get feedback from surveyor practitioners who likely know more about the subject than I do." ...you'd be surprised. I always point to some of Van ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Starnet license type?

Thanks for the reply! So usb dongle is the typical license type? That would be great for our in-office 2 computer shared use.

2 years ago
Topic
Replies: 3
Views: 1453
Reply
RE: Field Book File To Civil 3D

2 options: Carlson makes a desktop utility "Carlson X-Port". Last I knew you can download it from Carlson's site, it may function enough without regis...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: OPUS BETA-S 5.0.0

OPUS BETA-S 5.0.0 is apparently back up and running error free: "2024-08-13: Bugs affecting the user selection of CORSs and the downloading of the app...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: OPUS BETA-S 5.0.0

CAUTION!!--I have stopped using the beta since 3/26/2024. (See 3/26/2024 note at the top of the page) Right after 3/26 I had it give me much worse res...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Deed Reader Pro Version 3 - Plot Deeds In Seconds

Interesting and helpful looking. Subscription pricing is a huge turn-off for me for this type of tool.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: I have a Sonarmite but no boat. Suggestions?

I always preferred to clamp it to the side of a small jon boat and be in there with the equipment- one hand on the tiller, one hand one the data colle...

2 years ago
Topic
Replies: 7
Views: 1133
Reply
RE: Look Ma, I'm a Photogrammetrist

We've recently been wondering the same thing (using a standard base, i.e. leica/trimble) to then post process flights. The goal being to have all phot...

5 years ago
Page 1 / 2