AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
not-my-real-name
not-my-real-name
@not-my-real-name
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: December 3, 2013 11:38 am
Last seen: October 5, 2026 8:45 pm
Topics: 198 / Replies: 1036
Reply
RE: Preparing descriptions textbook question

@norman-oklahoma Thank you. I do always record the map. The cost is only slightly more than one hundred dollars. In our jurisdiction a map my b...

8 months ago
Reply
RE: Preparing descriptions textbook question

What about writing a short paragraph that simply refers to the survey map? I really don't see why a surveyor should be responsible for writing a 'lega...

8 months ago
Reply
RE: Measuring corner of a building.

How about with no prism? Make a closed traverse of at least three points where the building corner is visible from each station. Turn angles only ...

8 months ago
Reply
RE: Wood Hubs as control points

On the construction of a bicycle trail we found several stakes of the original survey that had been done by others. One had the tack still in it but w...

8 months ago
Reply
RE: Professional Services Contract?

I keep my proposals to one page. It states the property owner, the address, and deed reference. It describes what we do, the estimated fee, retainer...

8 months ago
Reply
RE: The State of the BeerLeg (RPLS.com) 2026

I do speak a little Spanish. It's nice to have an international community here Best wishes to Wendell and the rest of us.

8 months ago
Reply
RE: The State of the BeerLeg (RPLS.com) 2026

I read it too, and thought I was having a stroke.

8 months ago
Reply
RE: I never expected to ever see this happen

I worked for a person who insisted that the lines be trimmed within the monument symbol. I refused. Perhaps he grew up with drafting by hand. What are...

8 months ago
Reply
RE: Grading Plan

Here is an advisory ruling from 2022 where the types of tasks and who is qualified to perform them are explained.

8 months ago
Topic
8 months ago
Replies: 4
Views: 1804
Reply
RE: Why not Metric??

I have a science education, so it doesn't matter to me what system of measurement we use as long as we decide which that is, and not spend time expres...

9 months ago
Reply
RE: the 2026 ALTA standards

Based on this discussion, I think I will stick with historic boundaries and stay away from any requests for ALTA surveying. I do have one question t...

9 months ago
Reply
RE: Software for Sokkia SET3030R3 and substitute cables in place of RS232 for USB or similar

Have you looked into the purchase of a dedicated serial port? Desktop computers will have slots called the expansion bus. Notebook computers have a ca...

9 months ago
Reply
RE: History Lesson

Some additional information found indicates that surveyors were 'expected' to fix the location. Most of the stories indicate that the mayors of the ...

9 months ago
Reply
RE: History Lesson

@landbutcher464mhz The story explains that the historians were local and were perambulating the boudary between two border towns. They suspected th...

9 months ago
Topic
9 months ago
Replies: 3
Views: 1392
Reply
RE: Cleaning up

When I worked for DOT we took classes in the winter when things were slow. In one of the classes, the professor was also a surveyor. So, after the c...

10 months ago
Reply
RE: AI "helper"

When I compose an email AI asks if I want help, so I dismiss. Then when I am finished composing AI asks if I want help 'polishing' my writing, so I di...

10 months ago
Reply
RE: Incomplete or Make Believe?

@landbutcher464mhz Indeed.

11 months ago
Topic
Replies: 2
Views: 1814
Page 3 / 62