AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
not-my-real-name
not-my-real-name
@not-my-real-name
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: December 3, 2013 11:38 am
Last seen: October 6, 2026 2:08 pm
Topics: 198 / Replies: 1036
Reply
RE: US Survey Foot or International Foot

It's the law in my jurisdiction to use U.S. Survey Feet.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Broken-back Curves

So far I've only been able to tell that a "broken back curve" is an undefined colloquialism. Others have posted that Wattles states that it is a non-...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Broken-back Curves

@KimBob I'm pretty sure I don't know what "Reaffirmed by Wattles" means. Care to elaborate?

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Broken-back Curves

I'm not sure what a "broken back" curve is, but I assume you mean the short tangent between the two simple curves in your diagram. My guess for the r...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Total Station Precision

I agree. The judge won't be taking your equipment choice into consideration.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Total Station Precision

My survey instrument is rated at 2 seconds and estimates to 1 second. I think it helps me get repeatable results in both horizontal and vertical measu...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: This discussion post has been deleted.

My data collector does coordinate geometry (COGO) calculations. I could make a coordinate file, upload it and use the data collector inverse routine i...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Course Correction

Hi Peter, That's a good idea. Thank you. Several of the deeds on the block are written this way, and all of them miss closing by a lot. My plan was to...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Course Correction

3.) The first one is definitely going west. There’s no stopping it. However, I’m confused about the second one. It could go either way.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Course Correction

2.) This one goes really, really northeast. A northeast overdose.

2 years ago
Topic
Replies: 4
Views: 1054
Reply
RE: Words I’ve learned from reading old deeds.

Thank you Murphy! I'll be sure to use popple if I am in Maine to remain incognito.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Words I’ve learned from reading old deeds.

Thank you Peter. We see yeoman (farmer) a lot. Also cordwainer (shoe maker), but blacksmith was still a blacksmith back then.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Words I’ve learned from reading old deeds.

Ha ha. That is way too complicated for me. Why not just subtract?

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Words I’ve learned from reading old deeds.

That's a good one. I had to look it up.

2 years ago
Topic
Replies: 24
Views: 2506
Reply
RE: Don't blame me if I can't accept responsibility

I had to look up putting the horse before the cart, and I assume it means doing things wrong or in the wrong order However, that is not the case. Peop...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Don't blame me if I can't accept responsibility

When it matters, I recommend setting marks for the excavator, setting marks in the excavation for a footing , and setting marks on the footing for a f...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Tips & Tricks for field technicians

Before I stomp the shoes of the tripod legs into the ground, I take the instument off and put it in the box. Then, after the tripod is firmly set, I p...

2 years ago
Page 10 / 62